Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you everyone, and especially pkinnew! If you go back a few pages, she was wearing the peach lariat and I was oohing and aahing and saying I wish I had one of those. Voila! She made it happen! I'm a huge fan of her collection and thrilled to own this unique piece now. Perfect for summer!

Katbran - lol! No, I just thought I'd share some of my pieces with others that will love them more! As you can tell at times I purchase two of a kind (different colors) and then can't decide on which one goes back!

That is a fabulous necklace BAS. I love how items are re-homed among friends. I recently went to a party hosted by a dear girlfriend. We were each to bring one item of "old" jewelry we didn't wear or appreciate any longer. The value was set between $500-600 (we did a survey monkey survey to determine the best exchange price point.) My friend had a lovely table set up with hand mirrors, velvet swatches and flowers. We plunked down our discards and she set them on busts, earring and wrist displays (creatively using turned over tea cups, wine glasses and even a plant.) We each got a raffle ticket for our piece upon arrival. The ticket stubs were put into a fish bowl and we each got to draw a ticket about half way through the party. If we didn't like the piece that we "picked" we could exchange among ourselves. Everyone left happy and bejeweled. We had about 25 people there, and it was an absolute blast. This was her second "exchange" party...she did the first with about a $100 price point, and we all decided that was a great way to test the waters but we all had more expensive pieces that we no longer enjoyed.

Jersey, that is so clever!!m And sounds like great fun, too.

Thanks, everyone! I wore it again with a black dress today. I just love it!

Last edited:
JerseyPearl what a fun evening and great idea. And to bring home loot. So what did you get?

Although I can't possibly steal thunder from BAS's lovely lariat, here are my casual Friday POTDs (pearls of the day): a baroque SSP necklace and a faux pearl cuff. Someday, I'll find enough lustrous freshwater pearls to replace the glass ones.

baroque SSP necklace and a faux pearl cuff

Love the bracelet!
Newberry, I came away from the party with a lovely circle pin with diamonds and akoya pearls. It looks like it could be from the 1960s and is perfect for wearing with wraps or scarves!
Oh, and I brought an amethyst ring that was set in gold and had two small diamond baguettes on either side of the pear cut stone. It was a gift from my Mother in Law, it was a size 8 and I'm a size 6 ring (she was always buying me things that were at least a couple of sizes too large in clothing too). The ring wasn't really my taste but the person who "won" it was thrilled.

I just had to share! My daughter's senior prom is tonight and she actually asked to wear my pearls!!! She chose silver/blue baroque Japanese akoya strand and silver/blue keshi dangles:

silver/blue baroque Japanese akoya strand and silver/blue keshi dangles

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, BAS ... your daughter is even more lovely than your pearls, sigh ... have a wonderful Prom weekend!

Back