Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I'm loving all the gorgeous eye candy, Ladies.

Today, I am wearing my double strand of blue baroque akoyas from Pearl Paradise. Baby Nurse bought the first 3 strands from this super blue lot, and I got the last 2. I bought the blue top to go with this necklace because the color and neckline seemed perfect for the strand.

Outside on an overcast, rainy morning:
Pearl Paradise blue baroques Outside on an overcast, rainy morning

Inside, near a window:
Pearl Paradise blue baroques worn near the window

LitGeek -- thanks! These two pearls are my first "freshadama" pearls and they knock my socks off. Super round and super lustrous.

Kay -- sigh -- I just adore the blue baroques... they are gorgeous on you!

Today = single metallic multicolored strand paired with earrings DH bought in HK for me with yellow, white and rose gold and PP souffle ring:

Mixed color freshadamas
close-up.jpg
single metallic multi with HK earrings.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ckrickett, I think it's great that you wear pearls even for mundane tasks like cleaning/packing. I do the same!

BAS, I love your metallic pastels.

Kay, I recognize those akoya! Navy really complements the blue; they look lovely on you :)

This is a 50" rope of silver/blue Tahitians purchased from PP a year ago. They're chameleons. Sometimes they're powder blue, sometimes silver.

50 inch Tahitian pearl rope twisted: Pearl Paradise
50 inch Tahitian pearl rope twisted 2: Pearl Paradise

Gorgeous blue akoyas, single metallic strand with fun earrings and ring, and silver-blue Tahitian rope, and many more before those. Wow! I've been out of town all month and these posts make me so homesick for my lovely pearls. :)

A wealth of gorgeous pearl photos! I love them all, but especially BAS' butterfly earrings. :)

BAS hubby chooses well; those butterflies are lovely :) Baby Nurse, that long rope of silvery Tahitians is adorable ... the textures, the colors ... I need lessons on buying ropes of ringed, circled Tahitians LOL. I too am tremendously enjoying the increase in photos shared here ... wonderful, and thanks to all!

Thought I'd take a moment to show pearls truly in action...working hard to get three corsets finished before I head off to Tucson. Wearing two Tahitian rings I got a few years ago from the Robert Wan shop in Paris, when they still carried lower-end items accessible to mere mortals.

Now back to the sweatshop!

Wearing Tahitian pearl ring while working
Tahitian ring at work

Casual at home and waiting for the Super Bowl to begin. I thought I would kick up my outfit a bit with my round blue Rikitea Tahitians from PP and my favorite WSS keshi drop earrings by little h.

Pearl Paradise Tahitians with little h earrings

Just add some green and you will be properly dressed, Red :)

LOL! I'll put on my beige Super Bowl XLIX cap that my DH brought back for me from a business trip to Phoenix last week.

la c -- I want to see the corset!

Red -- those two pieces are just perfect together. Absolutely lovely!

GemGeek -- this one's for you!

DH bought the butterfly earrings with this triple in HK years ago. He bought each strand of multicolors separately (with a few metallics in each strand) and then the WG/YG diamond butterfly clasp. The pearls only had knots between the last three pearls at the end of each strand. After years of wear, the silk stretched badly and Hisano restrung it knotting between each pearl and removing a few pearls to keep the same drape. This remains one of my favorite sets, and probably why I favor triples:

clasp close-up.jpg
neck shot.jpg
neck and ear shot.jpg

BAS, what a remarkable job your husband did with that triple necklace ...so lovely with that clasp ... thanks for sharing it again :)

How did I miss all of this? Wow, ladies, I love your pearls!

ckrickett - Your lavender pearls with the red beads are so fun! Good job!

BAS - I really like both your Bauhaus and butterfly earrings! Both look great on you with your curly locks!!

KaySD - I can understand why you had to have that shirt to go with your blue Akoyas - fantastic!

baby nurse - That's a beautiful long rope that looks great twisted. The pearls play with each other!

Red - Oh my, your Rikitea! It's gorgeous and looks great on you. I go to PP occassionally to look at those amazing pearls!

Today I'm wearing my 12-15mm PP Tahitians, dark blue/green body color with peacock overtones. In terms of blemishing they have more than other pearls I have but they make up for it in size & color!

025.jpg
The Palatine Hill
Forum Romanum

It must be a Tahitian day! Today, I am wearing my PP "exotic" strand with dark green body color and red overtones:

Tahitian strand
Tahitian strand red sweater
Tahitian and diamond earrings

Circled Tahitian strand and earrings - Pearl Paradise

The two cuties removed from the strand to make matching earrings, they have such character!:

Loose Tahitian pearls peacock tones from Pearl Paradise

Back