• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Charlotta

Lovely pearls everone.
2014 or 2015, don't quit remember, I bought a tahitian drop strand that I love from PP, during one of their sales. So many beautiful colors. Never found pearls like this again until recently. Some weeks ago I accidently found pearl just like this at etsy seller Wen Pearls. A lot less than what I payed in 2014/2015. I thought the quality would be a lot less as well. Surprisingly the quality is quite good. Less surface blemish, lots of nice colors. I had to replace one pearl. Over all a really beautiful strand. I knotted it today and renotted my PP strand as well. Changed to 2 identical clasps. They nest perfectly. The new stand is 17inch and my old one 18. No photos on them on today since they all turned out to blurry. The earrings are 2 drop pearls I bought from Druzydesign and wirewrapped.
_20180717_203355.jpg
_20180717_203256.jpg
_20180717_203158.jpg

pammbw

Beautiful pearls Charlotta! Wen had really been upping her game lately. I have been very happy with my recent orders and have a full favorites list! Lol! Then again I am easy to please. Very few pearls I don't like.

86Corvettegirl

Pattye, I got these to wear with my white SS octopus enhancer/pendant. I think they will be perfect for hot, humid days of Southern summer.

lary007

Bweaves - the pistachios...so jealous. I admit it. The kojima piece is one of my favorites you have, too. They go together perfectly.

86corvettegirl - I don't know if I've said this before, but my grandfather had a killer '86 Corvette too! His was black on top and silver on the bottom. Also, your SS set is really beautiful. You may have already mentioned it, but where is it from?

Charlotta - I love wen! I got some tahitians from them about 2 years ago that I'm just now working with. I was happily shocked at the quality too. Yours are almost identical in shape and size to your strand from PP. What a lucky find! And of course, you know we will want to see a neck shot when you have one :)

86Corvettegirl

Lary007....I got them from an Aussie friend, David Norman, who wholesales & specializes in SS & Tahitians when he was in the States last month. The ring he had to size it up for me. I bought these in June, along with a pair of light golden SS dangle earrings.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
BWeaves, nice, light looks. Did you weave your top? 86C, way to do your housecleaning in style! Charlotta, love the shapes in your T necklaces. I bet they look great nested.

I was out for a friends birthday lunch today. Luckily we were indoors. I took these off when I got outside. Its been warm for our area. Multi-colored Tahitian strands.
Click image for larger version  Name:	EA991073-CEAE-42D2-89DA-D72BD8BE3FE4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	117.4 KB ID:	382566

Last edited by a moderator:

jesskat

Jeg, those are BEYOND stunning.

Charlotta, I'm so glad to hear of others that have had good experiences with Wen! The three I've gotten so far from that shop, I've been happily surprised at the quality!

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thanks so much, 86C, Red and Jesskat! Red, your collection of pearls is so fabulous and unique- take more photos!!!

The Traveling Pearl gathering some shell and pearl friends and heading to Hawaii. Aloha!
7495EE96-5C89-4A1F-B842-EADD03FFC595.jpg

Charlotta

One of the pearls from Wen Pearls was broken, the tip of the drop was missing. Otherwise a gorgeous pearl. So I made it into a pendant. First I had to even out the pearl with sandpaper. Then I cut of a hatpin for the bottom drillhole and glued it in place, than I glued on a pearlcup on the top. _20180718_112356.jpg
_20180718_112413.jpg
_20180718_112450.jpg
The photos are a bit blurry but the light is horrible today. Really hot but overcast. I am going to attatch it to a chain ones it dried for some hours. Also did make an extender for my tahitian keshi strand. The stand is almost 20 inch and the extender is about 3 inch
_20180718_112659.jpg
And finally I finished my smallish freshwater strands. They are actually 3 strands I bought from Pearllunar over several months. It was cheaper to bid on them, one at a time and then the long wait for the packages to arrive. They are 2.5-3mm pearls. The drillholes are so small I had to use the SoftFlex wire in very fine. Thank you someone on the forum who gave me the idea to try that wire. I had almost given up on trying to knot those with silk. The necklaces are 19 and 30 inch and the extenders are 3 inches with the white freshwater pearl. _20180718_112606.jpg
Thank you everone for the kind words on tahitians.

Charlotta

Did take some photos with the tahitians, though a bit blurry. Also took one of the new pendant/necklace
_20180718_123722.jpg
_20180718_122003.jpg
Also cat grumpy because of the heatwave or just being a cat who knows
_20180718_124157.jpg
And finally one of my favorite oldish clasps
_20180718_124229.jpg
Also enjoying a day of since I will work for 6 straight days so relaxing and making changes on jewelry.

86Corvettegirl

Jeg, the Traveling Pearl is in beautiful company! Enjoy Hawaii!

Charlotta, love the fix on the broken Tahitian! Too beautiful of a pearl not to use. Great extenders on your keshi & the small FW. I have 2 100 inch 3-4mm FW strands (no clasp) that I wrap, layer or twist when it's a little cooler. Tahitians look wonderful & I love those clasps!! Where do you find them??
You Kitty looks like a sweetie!