Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Stunning Tahitian strands, jeg.

Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous pearls with us.

Jeg, those are BEYOND stunning.

Charlotta, I'm so glad to hear of others that have had good experiences with Wen! The three I've gotten so far from that shop, I've been happily surprised at the quality!

Thanks so much, 86C, Red and Jesskat! Red, your collection of pearls is so fabulous and unique- take more photos!!!

The Traveling Pearl gathering some shell and pearl friends and heading to Hawaii. Aloha!
7495EE96-5C89-4A1F-B842-EADD03FFC595.jpg

One of the pearls from Wen Pearls was broken, the tip of the drop was missing. Otherwise a gorgeous pearl. So I made it into a pendant. First I had to even out the pearl with sandpaper. Then I cut of a hatpin for the bottom drillhole and glued it in place, than I glued on a pearlcup on the top. _20180718_112356.jpg
_20180718_112413.jpg
_20180718_112450.jpg
The photos are a bit blurry but the light is horrible today. Really hot but overcast. I am going to attatch it to a chain ones it dried for some hours. Also did make an extender for my tahitian keshi strand. The stand is almost 20 inch and the extender is about 3 inch
_20180718_112659.jpg
And finally I finished my smallish freshwater strands. They are actually 3 strands I bought from Pearllunar over several months. It was cheaper to bid on them, one at a time and then the long wait for the packages to arrive. They are 2.5-3mm pearls. The drillholes are so small I had to use the SoftFlex wire in very fine. Thank you someone on the forum who gave me the idea to try that wire. I had almost given up on trying to knot those with silk. The necklaces are 19 and 30 inch and the extenders are 3 inches with the white freshwater pearl. _20180718_112606.jpg
Thank you everone for the kind words on tahitians.

Did take some photos with the tahitians, though a bit blurry. Also took one of the new pendant/necklace
_20180718_123722.jpg
_20180718_122003.jpg
Also cat grumpy because of the heatwave or just being a cat who knows
_20180718_124157.jpg
And finally one of my favorite oldish clasps
_20180718_124229.jpg
Also enjoying a day of since I will work for 6 straight days so relaxing and making changes on jewelry.

I like the neck shot of the Tahitians.
And your kitty...such beautiful coloring, and the green eyes--!

Jeg, the Traveling Pearl is in beautiful company! Enjoy Hawaii!

Charlotta, love the fix on the broken Tahitian! Too beautiful of a pearl not to use. Great extenders on your keshi & the small FW. I have 2 100 inch 3-4mm FW strands (no clasp) that I wrap, layer or twist when it's a little cooler. Tahitians look wonderful & I love those clasps!! Where do you find them??
You Kitty looks like a sweetie!

Dashing out for a quick trip to the library, I stopped to brush my teeth, looked up and this is what I saw in the mirror. The light was unreal today; the pearls were just glowing and metallic .

GSS, glowing in bathroom (forum).jpeg

JEG: Yes, handwoven. And I love your necklaces. Amazing.

Charlotta, great fix for the broken Tahitian. Wow on those tiny pearls. Plus, I'm a sucker for a good clasp. I love those.

Gorgeous strand. I don't think I'd have made it to the library if i saw that! I'd probably have gone and gotten all my pearls and ogled them lol.

Thanks ladies! My eyes popped when I saw what the light coming in the window was doing with them. :)

How are there people in the world who don't love pearls? :p

Running errands in my blue Akoyas from PP, one of the white & blue Japanese Akoya necklaces I had made, & Japanese blue Akoya earrings with little briolettes of Sapphire & Santa Maria Aqua.

Attachments

• 20180718_143051.jpg
    20180718_143051.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 24
Back