• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BWeaves

Bonsava: I love the hummingbird with the drops and the tin-cup, but something tells me, you could have layered on a few more. Seriously. Needs more pearls.

Bonsava

BWeaves, what doesn’t? Lol.

I considered adding my lavender strand and maybe one of the whites, but was concerned the lengths could result in scratches to the pearls from the hummingbird. In retrospect I should have gone with my 16-inch white, or hooked either my lavender necklace and bracelet and/or maybe my ‘Imperial lace’ white necklace and bracelet together to make matinee lengths....

Bonsava

Ask and ye shall receive....

Just for fun and to see how it would look, I added my sixteen-inch AAA white freshwater necklace (Pearl Paradise) and both of the ‘fauxinees’ I mentioned (lavender freshwaters from Pearl Paradise, ‘imperial lace’ from the Zales days). Then I added my pearl tassel necklace with flower filigree gold cap (Bloomingdale’s). And my seed pearl triple strand choker. And like the result!

Click image for larger version  Name:	D63E0AEF-DDD4-4B33-8209-D7B5C4763909.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	99.7 KB ID:	382470

ETA a correction to my Autocorrect.

Last edited by a moderator:

newberry

Ask and ye shall receive....

Just for fun and to see how it would look, I added my sixteen-inch AAA white freshwater necklace (Pearl Paradise) and both of the ‘fauxinees’ I mentioned (lavender freshwaters from Pearl Paradise, ‘imperial lace’ from the Zales days). Then I added my pearl tassel necklace with flower filigree gold cap (Bloomingdale’s). And my seed pearl triple strand choker. And like the result!

View attachment 60841

ETA a correction to my Autocorrect.

Fantastic look!

Charlotta

Bonsava wrote "Charlotta, I’ve also noticed a lot of pearls - especially Tahitians - feeling ‘soft’/silky to the touch. Beautiful earrings - I think they’d wear really well with your stunning Tahitian tin cups!"

I have to try that. Here in Sweden it's been so hot these last 2 months, around 25-30 C most days. Mostly I wear only earrings. Hopefully we will get some rain soon. Then I can wear my pearls again. And I love those earrings Bonsava

86Corvettegirl

I have been out of town for the past few days & did not have my laptop with me. I've been catching up with all the posts & pics.
Ladies, you all have some beautiful necklaces & earrings! I am loving the layered looks! I am so envious of all you ladies who can wirewrap & string your pearls. You creations are glorious!! Just keep them coming so I can live vicariously through you!!

BWeaves

little h pendant and tin-cup chain. Metalic drops on my Mom's oval diamond hoops. Little diamond heart necklace my Mom gave me around about the time Talia Shire wore one in "Rocky 2."

Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_7a9.jpg Views:	1 Size:	110.5 KB ID:	382484

Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_7aa.jpg Views:	1 Size:	99.8 KB ID:	382485

It's too hot and humid to wear my beloved ropes and chokers, so I'm trying to get a bit more creative with how many pearls I can wear and not sweat all over them.

I finally found a sunscreen that doesn't melt off my skin and slime my pearls. Anthelios 60 Melt-in Sunscreen Milk. At $36 for 5 oz, it's more than I really wanted to spend on sunscreen, but it's the first sunscreen that doesn't feel like glop on my skin, and Consumer Reports had it as their top pick.

Bonsava

Thanks newberry, Katbran, BWeaves again, Charlotta, 86C, and lary007!

Know how you feel about the heat, BWeaves; yesterday was the first time I'd tried to wear a necklace in days. Heat index has been hovering between 111-117 most days, with actual temperatures in the mid-to-high nineties. I love the pearl-and-stone (more emeralds I assume) chain on that necklace, and those earrings are stunning! Fit for a queen.

SunSeeker

Thank you BW, jeg, bcm21mk, newberry, and Charlotta!

Charlotta, love your pearly grape cluster earrings, great job wire-wrapping.

BW, your reborn pearls are really lovely and todays' layered lighter necklaces are perfect together!

bonsava, glad you added layers! They look great with your hummingbird!

The weather has been really perfect the last few days in Virginia-perfect for tin cups, pendants, and lighter styles. It's the kind of weather when we say, "this is why we shovel snow in winter!"

Charlotta

I really love that tiny emerald tincup Bweaves, its so pretty.
That traveling pearl really goes everywhere, Jeg. I have traveling earrings, tahitian studs. Always brings those.

Bonsava

Thanks, SunSeeker!

A way of finding cool water and charming backgrounds! Lovely pearl Jeg. Love the subtle variety of colors in it.