• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

pattye

Pearl Scholar
Beautiful luster, Charlotta! Well done!! We all could use a pair like that! Lotsa glow and some swishy movement keep the attention on the face! A classic!!

Ack, I'm so behind on seeing the posts here, sorry everyone! You're all helping to write a new chapter in "the Glory and Wearing of Pearls Story"

BWeaves

I tend to wear the Komoka mismatched studs much more often than my matched Hanadama studs which are exactly the same size. There's just something about the mismatched studs which makes them go with everything. They also help break me out of my old matchy matchy syndrome.

Charlotta

That Kojima tincup is so beautiful Bweaves and your Kamoka mismatched tahitian studs made me try to find some mismatched studs as well. I lost a grey tahitian stud some years ago and the remaining one goes really well with one of a pair of light green south sea studs, the are still mismatched but the size is really similar and the light green in the south sea stud makes the grey stud looks greener somehow.

Pearl Dreams

Pearl Enthusiast
... Black Freshwater studs from Pearls of Joy; the photo is a mite grainy, but those two bright dots? Those are lights in the ceiling fan. Up close, I can see myself clearly in them, like a slightly green-tinted mirror. Kevin isn’t joking in PoJ’s website statements about selling quality pearls.

Bonsava, those are a nice size on you...are they the 8.5-9.0mm?

SunSeeker

..just catching on everyone's post the last few days. So many lovely pearls!

Charlotta, those tin cups are beautiful on! ..and perfect with your green sweater!

Bonsava, lovely studs. ..they're always the default for me

BW, always love to see those keshi strands

SunSeeker

Today was one of those rare days, when the perfect combination of excellent weather in Northern Virginia was met with no major tasks to complete. I wore my Kamoka pendant with Kamoka drops and Kojima strand which has WSS, tiny freshwater pondslime, and Tahitian keshi for the easy trip to the market and hanging out on the deck with neighbors.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Charlotta, I like your fun wire wrapped projects!

BWeaves, I badly wanted to take a picture earlier today because we were almost twins. I had a striped tank top on in the same colors and my wire wrapped SOC keshi with the dangle. I didn’t have time because I had to change into a dress for a garden party. I was on the run and couldn’t get to a pix of either. :(

Sunseeker, I love your whole outfit! The combination looks great with your top.

Bcm21mk

Today was one of those rare days, when the perfect combination of excellent weather in Northern Virginia was met with no major tasks to complete. I wore my Kamoka pendant with Kamoka drops and Kojima strand which has WSS, tiny freshwater pondslime, and Tahitian keshi for the easy trip to the market and hanging out on the deck with neighbors.
View attachment 60815
View attachment 60816

All those pearls look smashing on you. They look as if they were destined to be worn together. Just beautiful SunSeeker!

BWeaves

Love that combo, SunSeeker!

JEG, I was drooling after your SOC tin-cup when it was on Kojima website, but it was so similar to my Tahitian keshi necklace that I couldn't justify buying it. I think yours is beautiful. I hope to see it in person at Ruckus.

BWeaves

I just found this on the Anthropologie Sale Page:

https://www.anthropologie.com/shop/deborah-drattell-kitri-waist-belt?category=sale-belts&color=010

White leather belt with a cascade of faux pearls down the front. I would have been tempted to buy it for $32, but it's $329.95 ON SALE. For that price, the pearls should have been real freshwater pearls. I'm not even sure I like the look of that much froof on my tummy.

I do have some loose pearls laying around. Maybe I'll weave a belt and add some pearl embellishments.

Katbran

Thanks, Katbran! They are little gold flying saucer shaped beads.
Thank you ! I kept trying to sort out what they were and had figured due to the regular shape they had to be beads of some sort ! They look great, I like to use a bit of gold to perk things up !

PD Those are such a gorgeous smooth shape.. they truly are dollops of cream !

Bonsava - Im sure you get a lot of wear out of the dyed Black Freshwaters !!
Charlotta - Lovely substantial Tin Cup !! Great circled pearls !! And those earrings are so cute ! Love the cluster !

BWeaves - Always elegant !! I love the Keshi T Cup !!!

newberry

View attachment 60815
View attachment 60816

Great pearls!!! Please post bigger pictures so I can ogle them properly ;)

BWeaves

Charlotta, your wirewrapped earrings look amazing on your ears. Like a bunch of pearly grapes. I love them.

Charlotta

Thanks Bweaves, they were so fun to make. And they feel soft, like silk somehow and not to heavy. The smallest pearls are mayby 2.5 mm and the largest around 5 mm. I have some really small akoyas left from the necklace, thinking of doing a really smallish wirewrapped choker with them.

BWeaves

Reborn pearls. Sort of like keshi, only reborn pearls are formed in the pearl sac of a cultured pearl that has already been harvested. They are very difficult to photograph for some reason. The orient on them is amazing, and they are 100% nacre. But they are sort of flat and navette shaped, and they are never angled at the camera quite right to catch their beauty.

The shape of these pearls is interesting. You can see the bulge in the center where the pearl nucleus had been inserted and removed from the previous cultured pearl, and you can see the slit into which that nucleus had been inserted. I've never seen anything like these pearls again.

The necklace and earrings are very light and easy to wear in the summer.

Best Cortez Pearl Necklace of 2017

Last edited:

Bonsava

PD, yes, I believe that’s their size. Thanks!

Charlotta, I’ve also noticed a lot of pearls - especially Tahitians - feeling ‘soft’/silky to the touch. Beautiful earrings - I think they’d wear really well with your stunning Tahitian tin cups!

BWeaves, if that photo doesn’t capture their beauty, one might need sunglasses to view them in real life!

Today is church day - in the South, or at least my bit of it, one may drape oneself in as many pearls as one likes and there are, so far as I know, no etiquette codes to even ignore! It was also lovely and cool - about 85 degrees, but with good strong cool breezes outside - so I layered a bit, wearing my silver spoon hummingbird necklace with my freshwater drop station necklace and long dangles I received a few days ago from my first order with Catherine Cardellini - white drops topped by two tiny metallic lavender pearls.

Cortez Pearl 2008 Harvest Earring close-up, natural light.

0A3B26DA-F258-4228-9B0B-EBF6557F6A91.jpg The ensemble, indoor light.

BWeaves

Bonsava: I love the hummingbird with the drops and the tin-cup, but something tells me, you could have layered on a few more. Seriously. Needs more pearls.

Bonsava

BWeaves, what doesn’t? Lol.

I considered adding my lavender strand and maybe one of the whites, but was concerned the lengths could result in scratches to the pearls from the hummingbird. In retrospect I should have gone with my 16-inch white, or hooked either my lavender necklace and bracelet and/or maybe my ‘Imperial lace’ white necklace and bracelet together to make matinee lengths....