Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I have been out of town for the past few days & did not have my laptop with me. I've been catching up with all the posts & pics.
Ladies, you all have some beautiful necklaces & earrings! I am loving the layered looks! I am so envious of all you ladies who can wirewrap & string your pearls. You creations are glorious!! Just keep them coming so I can live vicariously through you!!

little h pendant and tin-cup chain. Metalic drops on my Mom's oval diamond hoops. Little diamond heart necklace my Mom gave me around about the time Talia Shire wore one in "Rocky 2."

Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_7a9.jpg Views:	1 Size:	110.5 KB ID:	382484

Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_7aa.jpg Views:	1 Size:	99.8 KB ID:	382485

It's too hot and humid to wear my beloved ropes and chokers, so I'm trying to get a bit more creative with how many pearls I can wear and not sweat all over them.

I finally found a sunscreen that doesn't melt off my skin and slime my pearls. Anthelios 60 Melt-in Sunscreen Milk. At $36 for 5 oz, it's more than I really wanted to spend on sunscreen, but it's the first sunscreen that doesn't feel like glop on my skin, and Consumer Reports had it as their top pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonsava, love the layering!

Bweaves, I adore your hot weather ensemble. Green is my favorite!

BWeaves, I love your little h pendant & tin cup! It's gorgeous! The metallics on diamond hoops are perfect coordination!!

Thanks newberry, Katbran, BWeaves again, Charlotta, 86C, and lary007!

Know how you feel about the heat, BWeaves; yesterday was the first time I'd tried to wear a necklace in days. Heat index has been hovering between 111-117 most days, with actual temperatures in the mid-to-high nineties. I love the pearl-and-stone (more emeralds I assume) chain on that necklace, and those earrings are stunning! Fit for a queen.

Thank you BW, jeg, bcm21mk, newberry, and Charlotta!

Charlotta, love your pearly grape cluster earrings, great job wire-wrapping.

BW, your reborn pearls are really lovely and todays' layered lighter necklaces are perfect together!

bonsava, glad you added layers! They look great with your hummingbird!

The weather has been really perfect the last few days in Virginia-perfect for tin cups, pendants, and lighter styles. It's the kind of weather when we say, "this is why we shovel snow in winter!"

The Traveling Pearl in Vegas this week. Way too hot here!

FADFAF10-5E22-4940-8645-D5F36E708E74.jpg

I really love that tiny emerald tincup Bweaves, its so pretty.
That traveling pearl really goes everywhere, Jeg. I have traveling earrings, tahitian studs. Always brings those.

Thanks, SunSeeker!

A way of finding cool water and charming backgrounds! Lovely pearl Jeg. Love the subtle variety of colors in it.

I think this post is a bit of a cheat post. I bought a few things from the Smithsonian Store recently, including this necklace and these earrings, and was under the impression this necklace was rose quartz, aventurine, and freshwater pearls. Upon receiving it, however, I began thinking the pearls, though they looked good, were a bit suspiciously round for their price, and the weight felt a bit off. Tooth and rub-together tests all but confirmed it: imitation pearls. Ah to read more closely! But it still looks well enough to keep I think. If a mix of real and costume jewelry was good enough for Chanel, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be good enough for me.

53F12843-F596-4190-A0CE-6462154B1176.jpg

For the sake of good form, though, here’s my SimplyAdorned4U Sea of Cortez and SoC Keshi necklace in action as well:
470E532F-E037-4375-B452-F469B47163EE.jpeg, E2DD32A1-B095-4C32-82A1-09A66D85000C.jpg

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with imitation pearls, if they're good ones. I think we all have some faux pearls in our pearl stash. Besides, you can always restring the necklace with freshies whenever you want. The SOC is gorgeous.

Thanks Charlotta, Pattye, BWeaves! And Pattye, I try :).

In the double strand, if you're eyeball-close to them, it's fairly obvious they are false, but when worn they are convincing. Ideally, I'd like to eventually add in freshwaters and a new clasp (I've become interested in pretty clasps that allow one to wear the necklace forward or backward for two looks), but in good time - at the moment, there's a certain lack of loose pearls, loose clasps, and - though this admittedly is something I could alter fairly easily, as a small shop near my home hosts pearl-knotting classes - knowledge of how to string.

Bonsava, your necklace is lovely. If you love it, why not wear it in good health. You can always replace the faux with FW later on. Your SOC if beautiful. It just glows!

I get on a kick and seem to wear the same thing in a row, but just a bit different.

little h pendant and tin-cup again, but this time with Mom's diamond huggies and SS drops. It's the same look as yesterday, but the cost difference between the metallic freshwater baroque drops and the perfect SS pearl drops is huge.

fullsizeoutput_7ae.jpg

fullsizeoutput_7af.jpeg

I'm not sure I like having that pendant in my cleavage. The emeralds have very sharp points. All day, I couldn't imagine what was poking my boob. Doh! I think I need to wear the pendant on a shorter pearl necklace when I wear it next to my skin.

Last edited:
Thanks, PD and 86C!

The price of beauty, eh, BWeaves? Uncomfortable that would definitely be, but you look beautiful with that arrangement, and the colors in the necklace look made for that blouse. Maybe you could find some greenish Tahitian/iridescent freshwater/maybe a WSS with really strong overtones to suspend from the chain as another option in addition to wearing that pendant on a shorter strand sometimes?

I do have quite a few options for switching it up. I just don't seem to do it. I need to channel Baby Nurse more often. She has amazing mix and match style.

Back