• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Icyjade

Thank you for all your kind comments. Took out the purple strand for a group shot:

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The earrings are 11mm n a bit lighter than the purple strand but still a decent match esp when separated by a neck. Got them from Lecollier on Rakuten at a great price so am quite happy with them.

Icyjade

Newberry I like your more substantial tincup n Kay u make me want Geodes n Imgarden now I want a torsade too... This is a dangerous thread to visit man...

newberry

Icy that is such a beautiful purple strand. It looks perfect with your skin color. I am so jelly. Purple pearls go bland on me. Oh well I can just enjoy looking at yours on you ;) Thanks for pulling the strand out for a picture.

Katbran

Kay - Love the Geodes..the sapphires really stand out ! So pretty !
lmgarden - Those Akoya are a lovely colour ! I like that you twisted them.. and those GSS ... very versatile !!!
Icy...those PURPLES !! Boy would I like some of those....that's a real pop of colour!
Newberry - wow those are some substantial WSS earrings !! Wonderful !! And that tin cup is great .. I'll bet you get a lot of wear from that piece...it would work with everything !

Icyjade

Icy that is such a beautiful purple strand. It looks perfect with your skin color. I am so jelly. Purple pearls go bland on me. Oh well I can just enjoy looking at yours on you ;) Thanks for pulling the strand out for a picture.

Newberry, pls get Jeremy to find a few strands of dark purples with different shades to try at the next ruckus (personally I love purples with blue overtones). They come in so many different shades and there must be one that can work on you. If that purple strand can work on someone like me who cannot wear pastels or creams (including typical fw lavender color), I've a feeling anyone can wear them. It's too bad I can't go to the ruckus else I will definitely bring this strand for you to try.

newberry

Icy I have already tried on so many purple strands at Pearl Paradise. A couple of years ago Jeremy brought in lots of the graduated purple metallic strands and last year the two light and dark exquisite big round Edison's. I have tried them all on hoping to find the one. Also on my first trip to visit Sarah at Kojima over five years ago I had just seen Blaire's TDF Kasumi ring. I was determined to find a purple Kasumi for a ring. We went through dozens looking for a purple Kasumi that looked good on my hand. No luck. So I will just have to enjoy looking at everyone else's.

I'm excited because I will be receiving a package from Sarah soon with my new spring trip pearls :)

la_corsetiere

Super Moderator
So many beautiful pearls, it's hard to keep up! As a counterpoint to all the elegance, here's my casual corset-making pearly look for today - a long- forgotten pondslime fireball tin cup, with infant octo on velvet stretchy cord, denim blue workshirt...

Woo hoo, on the third try I got the photo to go right side up!!!

That's one of my octotrolls peeking over my shoulder, in case anyone was curious...

Ok, back to slaving over a hot sewing machine...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 0

la_corsetiere

Super Moderator
OK, Purr, just for you...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 0

perlas

Not my pearls but recently, a 13-year old girl begging on the streets went viral in The Philippines because of her beauty, and the Internet called her "Badjao Girl". Badjaos are deep sea divers who traditionally hunted for natural pearls in The Philippines and Indonesia. I just noticed she is wearing some nice pearl dangles and from the color, although I can't find a close up photo to be certain, it looks like nice south sea pearls. :)
Photo credits to the owner.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

kelluvpearls

Consumer
The troll dolls are hilarious. Perlas why is she begging on the streets, is it to supplement the family's income?

perlas

The troll dolls are hilarious. Perlas why is she begging on the streets, is it to supplement the family's income?

They are poor but as divers it might be a family heirloom. Badjaos are deep sea divers without the aid of equipment.

KaySD

What a beautiful girl! It's a shame she and her family probably won't benefit from her photos going viral.

KaySD

I had to "dress to impress" yesterday, so out came my WSS pearls from Pearl Paradise. The 10-12 mm oval strand is from the sale last fall and the 11-12 mm drop earrings are from my first trip to PP in 2014. These are favorites of mine.

WIN_20160526_161454.jpgWIN_20160526_161504.jpg