Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Icy I have already tried on so many purple strands at Pearl Paradise. A couple of years ago Jeremy brought in lots of the graduated purple metallic strands and last year the two light and dark exquisite big round Edison's. I have tried them all on hoping to find the one. Also on my first trip to visit Sarah at Kojima over five years ago I had just seen Blaire's TDF Kasumi ring. I was determined to find a purple Kasumi for a ring. We went through dozens looking for a purple Kasumi that looked good on my hand. No luck. So I will just have to enjoy looking at everyone else's.

I'm excited because I will be receiving a package from Sarah soon with my new spring trip pearls :)

So many beautiful pearls, it's hard to keep up! As a counterpoint to all the elegance, here's my casual corset-making pearly look for today - a long- forgotten pondslime fireball tin cup, with infant octo on velvet stretchy cord, denim blue workshirt...

Woo hoo, on the third try I got the photo to go right side up!!!

That's one of my octotrolls peeking over my shoulder, in case anyone was curious...

Ok, back to slaving over a hot sewing machine...

pondslime fireball tin cup

Not my pearls but recently, a 13-year old girl begging on the streets went viral in The Philippines because of her beauty, and the Internet called her "Badjao Girl". Badjaos are deep sea divers who traditionally hunted for natural pearls in The Philippines and Indonesia. I just noticed she is wearing some nice pearl dangles and from the color, although I can't find a close up photo to be certain, it looks like nice south sea pearls. :)
Photo credits to the owner.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The troll dolls are hilarious. Perlas why is she begging on the streets, is it to supplement the family's income?

The troll dolls are hilarious. Perlas why is she begging on the streets, is it to supplement the family's income?

They are poor but as divers it might be a family heirloom. Badjaos are deep sea divers without the aid of equipment.

What a beautiful girl! It's a shame she and her family probably won't benefit from her photos going viral.

I had to "dress to impress" yesterday, so out came my WSS pearls from Pearl Paradise. The 10-12 mm oval strand is from the sale last fall and the 11-12 mm drop earrings are from my first trip to PP in 2014. These are favorites of mine.

WSS pearls from Pearl Paradise

11-12 mm drop earrings are from my first trip to Pearl Paradise in 2014

Back