Show us your menagerie

Very interesting pearl jewelry, everyone. Sheri, please post cicada when you make one. How about dragonfly? Here is my gecko pendant (Cook Islands keshi pearl).

Attachments

• DSC_1264 copy.jpg
    DSC_1264 copy.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 31
I just adopted one of Sheri's octo parents!! I fell in love ages ago and I finally got him! Named him Big Papa, here is is, and also with little dude!

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

FullSizeRender_2.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Whoa, welcome, Big Papa! He must be happy to reunite with Little Dude.

Is he heavy on you? Please post a neck shot.

I do believe his head is set with a glorious silvery blue baroque SSP. I don't know the MM exactly but it is larger than my 14mm Golden SSP.

I am trying to figure out the best way to wear him, so I will post neck shots as soon as he has a necklace.

You are right about the pearl - silver South Seas with a definite blue cast. My guess is that the pearl is from Indonesia or that general area, as I have acquired a number of other similarly-colored pearls from that region. As I recall, the unset pearl measurement was roughly 16mx20mm.
I'm so glad Big Papa went to a loving home!

And Hanaleimom, I do have dragonflies flittering about in the recesses of my mind, and a couple pearls already earmarked for bodies! Stay tuned...one cannot rush the creative process...:rolleyes:

As an aside, if anyone visits Pinterest, I have a gallery devoted exclusively to pearl creatures, hundreds of photos, mostly antiques, but also some modern ones. A good source of inspiration. I would love to own them all! At least there is some satisfaction in collecting photos. You can find the gallery under Sheri Jurnecka.

I found a brassy chain to wear until I figure out a more permanent solution for him. I am thinking of BBA or some white keshi, but he is a little heavy so I want something that will support him well enough, but also look good with him!

FullSizeRender.jpg

I love Ringo! queen bee so cute and amazing!

Sheri octopuses are gorgeous!

Back