Show us your live event purchases!

Jeweler wants gold to match the pearls. I want silver (platinum, etc) as a contrast and to reserve the gold for the pearls.

I honestly did not understand pairing gold pearls with white metal until I saw the below pearl that I set in that white gold and diamond bail last night. I totally get it now! As @BWeaves said, I think the pearl picks the metal color. I love the contrast the white gold gives. Please excuse the silver chain - when I went to wear it this morning I realized I don't own a single white gold chain! I'll be heading by the jeweler's at lunch.

20240614_093845.jpg

20240614_093818.jpg

I also got my Sea of Cortez mabe ring back and the little golden akoya keshi pendant from Takahashi that I will share later on! 😀

Attachments

• 20240614_093818.jpg
    20240614_093818.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
  • 20240614_093845.jpg
    20240614_093845.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 76
The mabe ring has the most interesting thing going on. There this pinky-purple overtone that does not look like any other normal overtone I've seen in person. The color just glides over top of the blue mabe and seems almost like some sort of iridescenct sheen added on top of the pearl rather than a natural part of it. It really is fascinating to see. I wish I could attach a video!
20240614_115532.jpg

So, Here is my opinion after really looking at your photos: ( your white gold and diamond bail is stunning with that pearl! I agree with BWeaves that the pearl picks the gold color-- as well as the stone color)
I like the demantoid with either color gold,
I do not like the Afghan emerald at all for that pearl-- the lighter greens are more harmonious and esthetic,
And either the mint garnet or the Zambian emerald with yellow gold.
In general, for me, the yellow gold with the lighter green stones are more esthetic.
Let us know!

About the golden SS pendant - I've decided I will do yellow gold for this since the other one is in white gold.

The mint garnet looked good but I want more color saturation in the stone for this project. The Zambian emerald is too bluish in person and it doesn't draw out the green in the pearl like I was wanting.

I'm still going back and forth between the Afghan emerald and the demantoid. Realistically, I think the demaintoid looks the best but I loooove the color of that emerald. Maybe the solution is to find something else to put with that emerald and make the decision easier for myself.

To be continued...

About the golden SS pendant - I've decided I will do yellow gold for this since the other one is in white gold.

The mint garnet looked good but I want more color saturation in the stone for this project. The Zambian emerald is too bluish in person and it doesn't draw out the green in the pearl like I was wanting.

I'm still going back and forth between the Afghan emerald and the demantoid. Realistically, I think the demaintoid looks the best but I loooove the color of that emerald. Maybe the solution is to find something else to put with that emerald and make the decision easier for myself.

To be continued...
I love demantoid garnets! I think that Afghan would look great with a fantastic Tahitian- it has so much color that it would really complement the colors of a Tahitian. ( I know you didn't ask me, but that's all I could think of when I saw that beautiful emerald!)

SOC keshi pendant, 18k two-sided setting based on the Grace model. Custom findings took a bit longer to complete.

Photo by Pearl Paradise before leaving the studio, as my initial attempts to capture the pearls upon receipt have been woefully inadequate.

Thanks to Hisano for her diligence and patience!

SOC Keshi Pendant.jpeg

Last edited:
SOC keshi pendant, 18k two-sided setting based on the Grace model. Custom findings took a bit longer to complete.

Photo by Pearl Paradise before leaving the studio, as my initial attempts to capture the pearls upon receipt have been woefully inadequate.

Oh wow! That’s beautiful!

I have a lot of catching up to do with everyone's posts.
I have a few goodies from the lives. Here are the baroque blue Akoyas. The knots are dark blue. I wore them today with a necklace affectionately known as "Spike". They photographed very differently in varied lighting.

Attachments

• 20240619_153744[1].jpg
    20240619_153744[1].jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 20240619_155622[1].jpg
    20240619_155622[1].jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 20240619_155755[1].jpg
    20240619_155755[1].jpg
    658.1 KB · Views: 90

View attachment 469974
Lovely!

View attachment 469974
Look at those colors! What a fantastic piece.

I have a lot of catching up to do with everyone's posts.
I have a few goodies from the lives. Here are the baroque blue Akoyas. The knots are dark blue. I wore them today with a necklace affectionately known as "Spike". They photographed very differently in varied lighting.
Mesmerizing blues! They look great with "Spike" too.

So many gorgeous pieces from the lives!! I have to keep telling myself not to escape from Ban Island.

Back