PP April Baroque Akoya

baby nurse

When PP had 9.5-10mm baroque akoya strands as their April special, I bought three: two of the whites and one of the blue. And as I love them so much I've photographed them a lot! So much so that rather than adding them to Pearl Dreams' thread, I thought they deserved a dedicated thread of their own. I hope you enjoy the pictures!

To start, a view of them in the box.
PPakoyabox.jpg

Whites nested together.
PPwhitebaroqueakoya.jpg

Including my new blue suede boots in photo shoot : )
PPbootakoya2.jpg

PPwhitebaroqueakoya5.jpg

The blue.
PPbluebaroqueakoya1.jpg

PPbluebaroqueakoya2.jpg

PPblueakoyaclose.jpg

A white and blue.
PPblueandwhiteakoya.jpg

All three.
PPblueandwhites2.jpg

Pearl-obsessed...
akoya.jpg

akoya1.jpg

akoya2.jpg

akoya3.jpg

They are beautiful and look gorgeous on you! I think your blues are spectacular. Thanks for sharing!

May I ask something? I see a lot of people here go for laser ball clasps instead of polished/matte ball clasps. Is there a reason for that, or just pure personal preference?

I can't stop smiling! Gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing these photos.
I especially like the white & blue strands with your pink shirt, lovely combination :)

Thank you, Tucs! Re the clasp, they simply came with this one. I don't recall even specifying gold color. Every other purchase I've made has come with the shiny gold ball clasp, which I think I prefer.

Aww, thanks, Rebecka!

baby nurse, I found that my laser ball clasp was coming undone on its own. The kind that came with my strand is not a safety clasp-- the tongue fits into the bead with nothing to catch it if it comes loose.

I caught my strand before it hit the ground, but it jarred me enough that I added a safety chain.

Check your clasps.

Beautiful photos, by the way!! The colors coming off the blue ones are spectacular!

Thanks for the heads up, Pearl Dreams! I can't figure out your clasp, I mean why it's different than mine. All three strands have the laser ball with the safety in case the tongue drops out. Thank goodness you were able to catch the strand before it hit the ground-- it's a stunning piece!

And thank you for the compliments!

attachment.php

Yeah, I think maybe PP just got an oddball in its batch of laser clasps. The springy male part of the clasp is thicker than the one in the safety clasp. It double-clicks into place. But with repeated wearings, the male part compresses, so that there is less friction than there should be, and the weight of the pearls pulls it open eventually.

What I do now is stretch it open just a bit before I insert it into the ball, so that it grips the ball more firmly, and use the safety chain for good measure. Maybe someday I'll replace the clasp with something entirely different, but this works for now.

Thanks baby nurse. I just seem to see lots of laser clasps around here. I did get the laser one on the white akoyas, just like you, because that's what they were sending them in (unless requested otherwise). For the blues they were doing the same thing with a polished ball, so I thought you requested the laser ball clasp in that one. I'm still figuring out things and so I ask...

Last edited:
Baby Nurse ... Gorgeous ... and I was so "at peace" with my decision to not get more blues, sigh ... LOL!

Nice pearls, thanks for sharing.

DK :)

baby nurse -- your strands are simply spectacular!!! I especially like your next-to-last photo. The luster is phenomenal and you photograph them so beautifully.

Enjoy and wear in health, dear pearl sister.

Tucs - All three of my blue akoya strands from the April special came with 14kt white gold laser clasps with the safety tongue. It just happens to be what they chose to use for the special. In light of the great price I decided not to make any additional requests. However, when one of my strands came 2 inches short, I did ask for that to be fixed.

Baby Nurse ... Gorgeous ... and I was so "at peace" with my decision to not get more blues, sigh ... LOL!

Thanks, Cathy! Sorry to have pulled you out of your peaceful state, though. I know what that's like!

It was my pleasure, dkan!

Thank you, JerseyPearl! I will keep you in mind : )

Thank you for the kind words, BAS!

Baby nurse - gorgeous pearls, they look beautiful on you. They are so versatile - I love the various combinations that you modelled.

Back