Oval Tahitians from PP

pregcurious

I had the privilege to visit Pearl Paradise this past Thursday, March 26th, and meet the lovely Hisano. I ended up purchasing a strand of oval multi-color Tahitians.

Thank you to PG posters for your help in educating me about Tahitians.
I started another thread here on PG about hunting for Tahitians, which I originally thought I wanted, and many of you recommended that I see Tahitians in person, and that I look at internet posts to help me interpret pictures. Following these suggestions helped me feel comfortable with making this purchase.

While discussing circled Tahitians with Hisano, she brought to my attention a lot of oval multicolor strands posted to the PP Blog back in February:
http://blog.pearlparadise.com/2015/...nues/?utm_source=FLF&utm_medium=socialmediaFB

I requested to reserve the multi strand, and saw them this past Thursday. When I saw them, I forgot to ask about the other strands we had discussed. (I did request to see other Tahitians though, including rounds to better understand Tahitians.)

The multis are beautiful, and I feel so fortunate to have bought them, and to have seen so many beautiful pearls with a pearl expert and artist of Hisano's caliber. Hisano suggested 2 silver pearls from the multi strand to be set in earrings. The rest of the pearls will be strung for a necklace.

Here is a picture that Hisano provided me via email during the search. On the left is a circled strand that Hisano originally suggested to me, and the multi on the right that she suggested. The circled was described to be as "10.1 -12 mm in AA+/AAA quality with overtones of greens and peacocks. " The multi is 8.5-10.3 mm AAA.

Attachments

• 150216_circle_multi.jpg
    150216_circle_multi.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Excellent choice, and I look forward to seeing the neck and ear shots of the finished earrings and strand.

DK :)

Oh, I'm so glad you're sharing your choices! The round multi Tahitians are gorgeous

Oh my gosh, they aren't rounds, they're Ovals!?!? I'm shocked at how round they are.

Last edited:
Pregcurious, that strand is stunning ... the colors and luster is so beautiful! Tahitians surprised me too; what I chose in person was so different from what I thought I wanted. Glad your hunt was so successful!

Very few people in the world will have learned as you did and then made the purchase of a lifetime, assisted by the talented Hisano Shepherd. Congratulations. Wear them in good health and cheer. :)

What a great multi colored strand. It will be lots of fun to wear. Congratulations!

Congratulations! I look forward to neck shots.

That is a fantastic strand! You will get lots of wear out of them...as they will go with everything! I adore multi colors and this one is a really great representation of the range of gorgeousness they present. I particularly like the golden pistachio toned pearls.

Thanks, DK, LisaC, CathyKeshi, GemGeek, Marianne, Newbury, kelluvpearls, Katbran, BAS, and JerseyPearl.

I wrote a longer thread over in PS, with more pictures of this strand, and some couple of other strands that I did not pick. I also posted a picture of a stunning (but smallish) peacock Tahitian I bought for a ring.

Last edited:
That is a fantastic strand! You will get lots of wear out of them...as they will go with everything! I adore multi colors and this one is a really great representation of the range of gorgeousness they present. I particularly like the golden pistachio toned pearls.

The pistachio pearls definitely stand out. Hisano mentioned that to be that they are rare, which I did not know. I have never seen them before this visit.

I think a multi strand like this is great as a first strand purchase to live with the different colors. At some point, I will invest in a strand of round Tahitians in one color, but I need to figure out the color. I hope to go back to PP for that purchase.

I received it today! Each color is striking in its own way, but I am gravitating towards the blue/purples and strong peacocks. The center pearl, which is light bluish green, is also striking. I was worried these would feel too big, but I can go bigger.;)

They feel so dense and smooth. If luxury has a feeling, pearls are it.

This picture was taken under fluorescent lights. I am guessing they will look more gray during the day, but I'll have to wait for the morning.FullSizeRender2.jpg

Last edited:
So nice on your neck! It will be good to see what they look like in daylight, too.

They look beautiful on you! Looking forward to more photos!

Back