New projects- officially obsessed with tiny pearls!

pammbw

Here are a few new projects I have made recently. After seeing members beautiful pieces made of smaller pearls I decided to try to replicate the look, but on my freshwater budget. The tiny pearl bug has bit me hard! Lol! First photo is the strands as I got them from Wen pearls. All freshwater, some dyed. The little 2mm ones are SO adorable! Very pleased with them! All in cost was a bout $35. The pink keishi were the splurge. I will definitely be getting more keishi!

wen strands (768x1024).jpg

I combined them all in this long strand, which can be doubled. Knotted every 4 or so pearls on Shell Beaders Secret.
long pink keishi (768x1024).jpg

Another long rope of medium size dyed. Knotted on Gray Beaders Secret.
2 long ropes (768x1024).jpg

This strand I strung on Soft Flex, not sure if it is going to stay this way or not. I think my focus now will be on upgrading all my clasps.
pink keishi (768x1024).jpg

There is so much inspiration on this website! I am very glad I found it!

Those are cute. Definitely upgrade on the clasps. I like to make the clasps a focal point and wear them in front or on the side.

Very nice job on the knotting and designing the combinations! Enjoy!

Thanks everyone! I love coming to PG and seeing all the new and creative ways to design with and style pearls. My 2 sisters are happy too, I have made them a few things as well! Beaders Secret has made a huge difference, I don't think I would have stuck with it if I had to use old fashioned silk. I could never get good knots and my hands hurt! Now to tackle the challenge of pearls and gemstones with different size holes. I think I need to practice a double knot technique.

Beautiful combinations. This is something that doesn't always come naturally to me. I only think of the obvious and then when I see other people's work, it's like a revelation. I wouldn't have thought to put the dark pearls in the first example, but it's genius. :)

I'm like GemGeek... I lack in creativity but love to see what others do. You've created a lot of fun strands that will go far in any wardrobe. Have fun wearing them!

Back