new pieces

claudenancy

Hi all: A few new pieces. I did a temp string on my GGS necklace, and also created several keshi necklaces. One is a long strand of white FW keshis, black coral, and kamoka keshis. The other is a crescent shaped fw keshi, black coral, kamoka keshi, seed SS keshi and ruby strand. I show them with the first wrapped as a torsade.

Attachments

• IMG_0843 rubies with pearls best.jpg
    IMG_0843 rubies with pearls best.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0873 keshi pearl black coral and ruby torsade rd.jpg
    IMG_0873 keshi pearl black coral and ruby torsade rd.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 29
Quite elegant pieces. My favorite combination is ruby and white pearls so I'm partial to the crescent. Where do you get your gem beads? I get mine from migem.com.

Thanks Miriam, Pattye, Nerida and Knotty Panda: Yes the crescents were quite tricky as were the minute SS keishi used to cover the wire on which the rubies were dropped. Oddly enough--the ruby holes became the real problem. The wire had to run twice through the holes. I tested most but not all of them. Some appeared to have ample holes---however, at some point they were just barely drilled through the center--arghhhhh! It is not quite as long as intended because I gave up on a few rubies--I guess now I can make some long drop ruby earrings--on very thin wire.

As for the crescents--I have not located additional lots of these.

Knotty, I got the rubies from Druzy. I am glad to learn of an additional good source for rubies too!

Peace, Beth

These are really great! Most gemstones have holes drilled according to their value. The higher the value, the smaller the hole because they don't want to lose the material. I keep 24 and 26 gauge wire around for those. I like Earth Bazaar for gemstones, but you have to wait for their specials which are very regular. I like how they aren't afraid to call a C strand a C strand. If you want the best - Gemorex in NYC! They are working on a website as well, but you have to have tax id.

Michelle at Migem is a great source for beads. She will drop her prices by 30% without too much of a fuss. A 50% drop takes some work. Look for deep discounts around late July to August and February; in other words, just before the Hong Kong shows. The only problem with waiting for the big discount is, the really good stuff is gone by then.

Wow Sheryl and Knotty. I just checked those websites. New sources of gems to covet. I have never seen the faceted rounds that are drilled to string--interesting possibilities. Thanks so much for sharing your sources--just in case I win the lottery;)

Beth

Wow Sheryl and Knotty. I just checked those websites. New sources of gems to covet. I have never seen the faceted rounds that are drilled to string--interesting possibilities. Thanks so much for sharing your sources--just in case I win the lottery;)

Get on MiGems and Earth Bazaars mailing lists. Earth Bazaar does huge and frequent specials, I never buy at the regularly listed prices. MiGem is now offering a weekly special and as well as her big close-outs. I've never negotiated with her before - good to know that's possible. I've been very happy with both dealers. Wish Gemorex would get their website finished. I was there in Sept. and they have awesome beads of different quality tiers, and they do fair trade with their workers in India.

I borrowed my friend's beautiful neck to show off a my necklaces. She is a cousin of the legendary blues singer, Howling Wolf. You should hear her sing the blues (or anything else for that matter)--fantastic voice in the event that any of you are talent scouts!

Attachments

• Chandra with gold pearl.jpg
    Chandra with gold pearl.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 43
  • necklace%203c%2026%20apr.jpg
    necklace%203c%2026%20apr.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 48
  • chandra with sapphire and pearl necklace.jpg
    chandra with sapphire and pearl necklace.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 47
  • necklace%203a%2026%20apr.jpg
    necklace%203a%2026%20apr.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 40
  • necklace%204%2026%20apr.jpg
    necklace%204%2026%20apr.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 41
It's probably a good thing she was your friend as I don't think anyone else would have given those amazing pieces back to you! Your work is beautiful!

Julie

Beth your pieces are gorgeous... the GSS ones are my favourites (always).. gorgeous model too, pity you couldn't include a sound byte or two..

I second that, Beth. Beautiful pieces and a lovely model. Very nice designs and colours!

Back