My white metallic freshwater strand, 8-8.5mm

Pearl Dreams

Pearl Enthusiast
I love them! Beautifully matched, a little off round as advertised, fantastic overtones, very lustrous.

It's overcast now, but I will get shots of them in sunlight later today or over the weekend. I did get a chance to see them in sunlight briefly at the UPS parking lot and I definitely saw some orient.

Edit: See sunny day photos in post #23

Edit again: See photos of my newly-arrived 9.0-9.5mm and 9.5-10.0mm studs at the bottom of page 3.
Edit 8/8/13: photos of white metallic 8mm drops are in post #59.

Further edit: More photos on page 7 where I nest them with my 2008 exotics strand from PP.

I have 6 shots here:
1. Outdoors on our front step-- cloudy day
2. Indoors near open door, next to my 7-8mm silver-rose Freshadamas (note the color difference)
3. Under daylight lamp next to 7-8mm silver-rose Freshadamas-- I am astonished at the difference in overtone colors!
4. Under a daylight lamp on a white paper towel -- there are varied overtones, less obvious in diffuse light
5. 7.5-8mm metallic white Freshadama grade earrings photographed under daylight lamp.
6. Same earrings outdoors on cloudy day
8.0-8.5 mm white metallic strand from Pearl Paradise

White metallics and Freshadama comparison neck shot.jpgDaylight lamp metallic whites and Freshadamas.jpgmetallic whites under daylight lamp.jpgFreshadama metallic white studs under daylight lamp.jpgmetallic white studs outdoors.jpg

Last edited:
Those white metallic freshwaters are the most stunning white pearls on the market today. That photo is excellent!

Beautiful pearls.
Photos like that make me wonder why I'm refusing myself a pleasure of owing a strand like that.
Maybe one day I'll take a plunge and order one for myself too.....
There is a definite WoW factor in a strand like that, even if pearls are far from being round..... On the neck shot they look round. On the table one can see the unevenness of the shapes.

Are there ever any drop shapes? How about ringed or baroque? I would buy these pearls in any shape or size. The off-roundness just makes them look more natural!

I want drop earrings with drop shapes or completely baroque. or a necklace with varying shapes and sizes of the pearls, as long as they have the color! The color. the color. the color never ceases to enthrall me!

What a genius of a find! It was always there in small numbers, but you were the first to see the potential as its own specialty!

Thank you Jeremy and Hisano Shepherd!

I saw and had ringed and baroque with mirror luster like that if not all-over than at least on 50% of the surface of the pearl having this fish eye effect. Never saw any drops.
Jeremy's metallics are special because they are like that on whole surface and they are clean..no blemishes of any sort. You are right, Caitlin, perfectly round shape is not something that I crave for neither. White metallic strands are not easy to find.

And I love color too:
colorful metallic freshwater pearls 9-10 mm multicolor

I just got those... 60% of pearls on the strands are real metallics. I'll be able to make one super-duper strand from two I bought....

Thanks ladies, and thanks again to Jeremy and Hisano for making these available! And to whoever selected this strand for me. :)

I love the blue/green overtones. Now if I can get some studs to match, whenever PP brings in more of the earrings, I will be happy indeed. I can get away with wearing my Freshadama dangles, as they are not so ros?, but I need some studs!

I agree that on the neck, the slight off-roundness is not enough to matter. The size is perfect for me-- really, this is the size I would have bought of the Freshadamas (which were my first strand) if I'd had the funds at the time.

Thank you for the photos, Pearl Dreams. It's so interesting to be able to see the two different kinds of strands next to each other. And congratulations on the metallics :)

Ivona, those are amazing! Are they related to Edison?

- Karin

Oh, groan. Agony. Ruckus.Ruckus.Ruckus.Ruckus.Ruckus.....

(weak voice) "Thanks for the neck shots. Great for size-perspective."

(oooooOh, this self-denial and delayed gratification feels worse than the Flu)

(croak) " Enjoy!"

Last edited:
((Lisa)) Your wallet is thanking you loudly for your ability to delay gratification!

Ivona, those are some fantastic colors! I hope you will show us the finished super-duper strand someday.

KarinK, I'd love to see a shot of your new blue akoyas when you get them!

Last edited:
White metallics are excellent value for money due to being slightly off-round.

DK :)

We'll see. I certainly hope we are able to. But it will really come down to what has been selected out when Hisano and I head back in a couple of months. The first time they were separated out for us in June we were able to get 27 full strands. In September, it was slightly over 90, which is why I decided to put them up this month.

More power to them! Unless they can be well separated and collected in advance and a line works out, I don't see us trying to do it again. We spent the majority of our week over there trying to find them and this was all we could come up with.

Jeremy-- Are you going to try to get some more pearls for earrings?

Last edited:
KarinK, I'd love to see a shot of your new blue akoyas when you get them!

I already have them. My jewelry friend who owns the blue strand that made me covert them was very impressed. They are better than hers. I do need to take pictures. I'm way behind and I even have access to a photo studio but I'm not sure that will help me. The idea of taking pictures of pearls is so intimidating, but I'll try.

- Karin

Don't be intimidated, just do what I do-- take a zillion shots (without checking each one) on the assumption that one or two will come out right.
Upload them all to your computer and then pick the shots that you like best, dumping the rest.

Last edited:
Back