My latest loots

Icy your pearls are just TDF. Love all of them :) ad what a great selection of new findings. You will have fun with these.

Well...what can I say but Wowza! First ..the Perfect Peacocks are amazing... Second that Blue SS is one of the nicest I've seen - lovely colour...third..the WSS pearls are stunning ..absolutely stunning . And .. that White Freshwater strand is beautiful..I far prefer it to the cream strand.. which looks off round to me or is it just the way it photographed?

lol you bought so much I lost track of them all...how could I not mention that amazing SS pearl..such an unusual colour ! And those blue green studs are beautiful.

So Gorgeous, Amazing, Beautiful , Stunning...I'm running out of adjectives that meet the standard of your pearls !!

All in all..amazing purchases. And the findings...such beautiful bling! Love them !

Icyjade, what remarkable new pearls!!!!!! They're all lovely. My favorites this time around are the long "harvest" circles necklace, the perfect peacocks and most of all, that unusual green South Seas Pearl ... but all are beautiful. Congratulations :)

Wow are these all new? You have a great eye for luster and it's always a pleasure viewing your high quality pearls.

You have a magnificent collection. I'm looking forward to seeing the findings with their pearls. :)

Thank to JP, amti, Newberry, katbran, Cathy and kelluvpearls (hope I didn't miss anyone!)

Gulp! Lots of eye candies here. Did you buy the entire store? LOL.

I wish I did! Sadly just a tiny fraction of the incredible pearls I saw.

How do the prices compare at the show to retail. Are they significantly lower that really nice pearls become affordable?

Is this the show you attended, Icy? Hong Kong Show

Yes that's the show.

I don't think prices are cheap after factoring in airfare and hotel to be honest. To make it worth the trip you'll have to spend quite a bit on the pearls/jewellery to cover the difference vs retail price. But you could take the trip as an experience and also for the chance to look at lots of nice stuff instead of counting the dollars and cents.

And nice pearls are never cheap. Really. Of course there are occasional bargains to be found but otherwise you tend to get what you pay for. Plus it's hard work to look for nice pearls. I literally looked at thousands of loose pearls before getting the ones I got. That's many hours just going through trays and trays of pearls. I mean, I love shopping so it wasn't such a chore but it was really tiring you know?

I like it when you go shopping, Icy :)

Me too. Sorta. I'm always so worried for my bank account though.

And .. that White Freshwater strand is beautiful..I far prefer it to the cream strand.. which looks off round to me or is it just the way it photographed?

The cream strand is gem grade n round so is probably the angle but I love my new strand so much more. Gives me hope to buy white fwp again you know?

You have a magnificent collection. I'm looking forward to seeing the findings with their pearls. :)

Me too! Gotta get them drilled but I'll post my set pearls when they are finally done.

Wow!!! Neck and ear shots, pretty please?

I need to set the loose pearls n string the circled strand but here are the fwp strand n new t rope.

All under flouroscent lighting unless otherwise stated.

IMG_6339.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

With a bit of daylight, but mostly flouroscent lighting
IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

Great photos! You're great at choosing Tahitian pearls they're always very colourful. Did you look at other types of gemstones as well while you're at the show?

The white fwp strand is lovely on you but that Tahitian one is gorgeous!! The overtones and luster are great and the variety of shapes makes it so interesting to look at.

Argh your new Ts are so beautiful on you! The colours really pop. I just love them!

Wow those white pearls are stunning ! They just glow on you ! Definitely worth all those hours of sorting! And of course I love the Tahitians..great combination of shapes and sizes!

MSC - Icy gave an excellent answer to your question. unless you are going there on vacation anyways ..it's not worth the trip. And good pearls are always expensive...are they cheaper ? Yes ....but given all the costs you have to spend a huge amount to break even.

Last edited:
It's so good to hear your perspective on visiting and buying at big shows like this! Though exhausting, I bet it was a grand experience. And your new strands are to die for!

great luster,colour, and shapes on those T's.

The whites really pop against your skin. Just gorg!

Back