My first GSS

Great Goldens! I love the idea that you need to take your pearls clothes shopping.

Doesn't everyone take their pearls clothes shopping ???

Parrot Lady, your goldens are lovely; I really like the shapes. I bet you'll find they go with a lot more than it originally appears; just experiment :) Have fun with them.

Cathy, your wire-wrapped goldens are beautiful and I think the proximity to the gold wire intensifies their color. I know you'll wear them often.

... Wore them to my mammogram today!

This is what I plan to wear to my next mammogram ;)

FWP necklace for next mammogram.jpg

Right now it's hanging from my desk lamp where I can enjoy the luster.

PD - and JP Thanks very much , it's an exceptionally nice pearl..very pink orient at the top.

CathyK - That looks wonderful ( Great work JP ! ) I'm sure you will get lots of wear out of it now...Can you work it in with your Harvest strands or is it better on it's own? Love it !

PD - That is HILARIOUS !! Maybe you should fashion a little gold wire bra for it ? lol

Pearl Dreams and Katbran, that's hilarious!!!

Thanks Parrot Lady; wasn't trying to hijack your thread, just show that goldens can really vary a LOT. I have a couple photos of that same strand, where the pearls look a LOT lighter in color, but I do feel this photo seems true to life to me.

Katbran, oh, yes, they look just fine with the Harvest strand :) We stopped for a quick snack at a food truck after meeting JP, as our dinner out was going to be quite late with friends. I went to get out of the car, and Walter reached over and took the new strand off ... "leave that one in the car". I laughed all the way over to the truck and back. A. He didn't take off the Harvest strand ... was it the gold on this one? B. He didn't lokc ME in the car ... just kept the strand LOL LOL LOL ...

Thanks so much for the shout out, Cathy! If this current batch of goldens from Pearl Paradise are anything like the one Cathy owns...well, I almost fainted when she sent them to me to work on. Jeremy and Hisano have a magnificent eye, and the orient on this particular strand really was not captured by my camera.

It was such a pleasure to have a micro-ruckus with dear Cathy and her sweet Walter...and let me just say, Cathy's keshi are outstanding! We had a wonderful time chatting and showing off our pearls. And can I also say, that Cathy's GSSP harvest strand, The Walter, is truly a work of art!

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

Another newbie here. I did receive my GSS today. I love them. Mine were 24kt in color and they are beautiful. I am also happy with the size of the pearls. 10-13.7mm. Hopefully I can include some photos later.

Parrot Lady, I have a strand of gssp and noticed the colors underneath do make the gold appear lighter or darker. Mine are lighter and look very champagne against white but look more golden against black.

PD those are some really golden pearls! Beautiful!!! And the mamogram pearls... OMGosh! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! Too bad you have to remove jewelry bc the technician would have had a hoot!!!

Cathy, I saw JP's instagram pic and loved your pearls then. Yep, I still love them! ;)

Bcm21mk, would love to see your new pearls!!!

Cathy, I didn't know those were your pearls JP was working on. Beautiful strand.
BCM21MK Can't wait to see your new strand too.

Bcm21mk, I look forward to seeing your photos!

amti, I plan to remove them AFTER I've entered the exam room. ;) Everyone needs a good chuckle now and then, right?

I too find GSS exceedingly tricky. I tried on strand after strand, finding nothing suited my coloring very well, until I tried a mixed GSS & WSS strand and fell in love. Finally Walter took the issue out of my hands with the Harvest strand lol. I still find that mix works best for me, though I pine for the darkest golds. For Christmas Walter got me the strand below, from Pearl Paradise. We chose it online, together, with the help of countless photos of strands, from the amazingly patient Erin :) We settled on this one for the overtones and orient, although it was slightly lighter ... somewhere between 14 - 18k on the metals scale. I don't think the karat descriptions are very accurate either, but now that it is set in wirewrapped 14K gold links, I'd say it's pretty close! (Wire wrapped and set to perfection by our own JerseyPearl with my THANKS!). These change color in every light and every photo, but this photo by JP is to what my eye sees most of the time:

View attachment 60691

Cathy, these are stunning. I also have the same problem as you- I don't like myself in goldens unless they have other colors mixed in and I also covet the deepest goldens. This reworking is genius because it breaks up the eye and gives you the same relief as if you had different colored pearls in it. I had seen this on JP's Instagram and thought it was lovely as well. I do have one strand of goldens from PP that is a unique lemon gold color with silver overtone, that does look good against my skin. otherwise, I just returned a "24K" strand from PP because I didn't like it against my skin tone. Congrats on this stunning necklace.

I too find GSS exceedingly tricky. I tried on strand after strand, finding nothing suited my coloring very well, until I tried a mixed GSS & WSS strand and fell in love. Finally Walter took the issue out of my hands with the Harvest strand lol. I still find that mix works best for me, though I pine for the darkest golds. For Christmas Walter got me the strand below, from Pearl Paradise. We chose it online, together, with the help of countless photos of strands, from the amazingly patient Erin :) We settled on this one for the overtones and orient, although it was slightly lighter ... somewhere between 14 - 18k on the metals scale. I don't think the karat descriptions are very accurate either, but now that it is set in wirewrapped 14K gold links, I'd say it's pretty close! (Wire wrapped and set to perfection by our own JerseyPearl with my THANKS!). These change color in every light and every photo, but this photo by JP is to what my eye sees most of the time:

View attachment 60691

Oh these are magnificent! Maybe this is how I should approach Goldens, with something that is a little longer and has a bit of metal worked in. Like you I struggle with them because of my coloring.

Thanks all ... with apologies to Parrot Lady for taking her thread ... ! I do think a bit of creativity can make a certain color work when it might not usually work ... whether it be a complimentary color pearl or gem or metal mixed in somehow, or even the length ... a rope may work fine, where right up at the neck might now, or vice versa! There's a golden for everyone :) 2thdktr that lemon color golden sounds gorgeous!

It was SO much fun meeting and "playing pearls" with JerseyPearl ... she is a delight and her workmanship is impeccable. I was grinning and giggling for DAYS! JP, just remember, while THE WALTER harvest strand is my dearest work of art, it was your wire wrapped golden creation he decided to save from the food truck LOL. Not me, just the goldens ;) That's Walter all right ;)

The pearls are lovely. I hope you enjoy them. Honestly I love the GSS. I don't worry about skin tone. Attitude perhaps? :)

Back