Mother's day Pearls for my dear Mom

Skypearl

I ordered some pearls from the Pearl Outlet and went with an easy clasp for her to open. They are the 8.5mm AAA. The color is seriously amazing. There are some flaws in 3 of the pearls and a few scratches but I guess I noticed them because my freshadamas are pretty flawless or otherwise I would not have noticed??

Okay, here are a few pics for fun and one of me wearing them for the picture. I just love the color and pics don't do the color justice.

Attachments

• IMG_1272.jpg
    IMG_1272.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1279.jpg
    IMG_1279.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1280.jpg
    IMG_1280.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1273.jpg
    IMG_1273.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 34
Wow. It is very pretty. Your Mom will be very pleased. Is this the blue akoya?

Wow. It is very pretty. Your Mom will be very pleased. Is this the blue akoya?

Hi Hanaleimom, they are the grey Freshwaters; sorry, forgot to add that. They do have blues and lavenders in the color which are lovely but the camera didn't pick that up; thank you.:)

Skypearl, I like the clasp too. My Mom's arthritis makes it hard for her to use fish hook clasp. The ball clasp has to be large for her to use it.

Skypearl:
That clasp is adorable. You look lovely in your mom's pearls. Hope she will be extravagantly happy with them. Does she know or is it a surprise?

Skypearl, the greys are AAA tops, not gem, so there is a margin for some surface blemishing. Other than that it's great coloration, luster, everything! I already got some grey AA/AA+ freshies beaded up myself which were really cheap, otherwise I would have gone for a large AAA strand too. I would have bought some earrings to match if they were still available. Oh well, saves some money for the PP sale.

They look adorable and I love the clasp. It is very unique.

Thank you; the clasp is so tiny. The macro setting on the lens make the flower look BIG but it isn't. :) It is perfect. I was so excited to give my mom her pearls today; we celebrated her birthday and Mother's day today. The pearls looked fabulous on her!

Thank you all for your super sweet words Ramona, Claudenancy, Pattye, Barbie, and Hanaleimom :D

eta: I took a picture of them of her so pretty soon I will post it.

Those pearls are just lovely, and I'm sure she loved them but I bet your mom thought them unnecessary. I bet she knows deep down (or probably right up front) that she's utterly spoiled every day, just having such a wonderful person for a daughter. :)

Those pearls are just lovely, and I'm sure she loved them but I bet your mom thought them unnecessary. I bet she knows deep down (or probably right up front) that she's utterly spoiled every day, just having such a wonderful person for a daughter. :)

Awwww! How sweet! ;)

Ksinger, aww, thank you dear friend! I am seriously so lucky to know you!
My mom wanted me to keep the pearls but I told her no way. They were for her; she is a sweetie that way. She was so happy; I am glad she loved them. She so deserves and much more.

Last edited:
Here are the pearls on my mom; I think they look Fab on her :D I am glad she loves them!

Attachments

• IMG_1308.jpg
    IMG_1308.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 43
Skypearl,

they look great on your mum?s neck! And I know that she adores them...

Ksinger, aww, thank you dear friend! I am seriously so lucky to know you!
My mom wanted me to keep the pearls but I told her no way. They were for her; she is a sweetie that way. She was so happy; I am glad she loved them. She so deserves and much more.

They look lovely on her! And yeah, you go ON spoiling her rotten. (My mom would have said the same thing, and tried to give them back!) I've been missing MY mama pretty badly this week, so it's nice to see a mom and daughter loving each other dearly. :) Good memories...

Oh gosh, those are beautiful! Great clasp too....I spent all last summer stringing and restringing a strand for a dear elderly woman and we never could get one her arthritic fingers could handle. I've come up with a design that would work for older hands....just need to patent it! :)

Love the colors of both of those strands of pearls!

Skypearl - they look beautiful on your Mum... that is a very beautiful gift, and obviously much deserved!

Back