Loose Pearl Matched Blacks

jshepherd

The black freshwater pearls I mentioned a few weeks back are finally finished. A little late for the Christmas season, unfortunately, but I do like the result. Although they were dyed using the same grade as the freshadama, I do not think we will add them to that category. They may remain a novelty of sorts.
Thoughts? The strand below is 7-7.7mm.

Attachments

• NewFWblack.jpg
    NewFWblack.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 38
It sounds just right that the 'Freshadama' category remains void of color treatment... even though this means these guys will stay out of it. But the colors are magic nonetheless! :cool:

Maybe this is not technically correct, but the black dieing makes the best test of pearl personality to me: the dark background seems to bring up the orient so well! Perhaps some might confuse pearl types when they're all white & white & white, but the blackened ones make short work that demonstration... Lining up this sort of strand with black PPB Akoya and small peacock Tahitians would make a Hell of a pearl lesson (or tutorial page), IMO. It did for me.

Hi Jeremy,

first off keep the Freshdamass tht are the top and I assume natural in color there! Keep something at the "top" do not clutter that or else you will be on a quest to out do that! I am sure you are already doing that anyway. ;) AS for the necklace itself LOVE IT, Love the size and coloration! very vibrant and scrumptious! defintely an eye catcher!

Hello Jeremy,
Love it! Got to have it! I just purchased a white freshadama necklace and earrings earlier this week. I fell in love with this one when I saw it tonight. So I had hubby read the email and he figured he better get it now rather than later. :D Smart man don't you think. I guess the lavender ones on my wish list will just have to wait a while longer. Now I just have to decide which ones to wear first...white or black. I think I will let hubby decide since he has such good taste. :) By the way I love the size, it's just right for me.

TaTa for now.

Jeremy,

Why no matching earrings? I really need a nice pair of studs to go with that beautiful necklace. All I could get was a pair of 7.0-8.0mm AA+ Black Freshwater Button Pearl Stud Earrings. :( Please let me know when you make some to match.

TaTa for now,

We saved the half drills to use as white as we go through thousands this month. If we run another process we will likely do half drills as well. We did for the loose matched 6-7mm, but those earrings are a little small to go with the strand.

Before all the questions hit, the reason you cannot find the strand on the Site is because we released it to a small test market only to determine what our customers think of this new item before we make it public. Sorry...!

I like them a lot Jeremy, and thought pretty seriously about buying a strand (or a double strand) earlier today. In the end, though, I think I am still going to hold out for a fab Tahitian baroque or drop made with larger pearls. More in the 10 mm + range. However, I think they are quite lovely. Would love to see them modeled on a live person.

I happily ordered a strand and can't wait to see them!
They look scrumptious!
I also ordered a white AAA 9-10mm 17.5" neckalce earlier this week, so I will also have trouble deciding which to wear.
Yea!!

Hi Jeremy,

I noticed that these have sold out - in less than two days! Congratulations on your successful experiment!

Perle

Yes, they sure did. I did not expect them to go that quickly. We made it available to a select group late in the evening, and by the next morning more than half were gone.
The real test is to wait and see how the recipients will react to them. If the response is mostly favorable we will process a few large lots in several sizes.

My mom wanted some, but didn't have the money. I guess you can count that as another vote in their favor.

Hi jeremy,

Sorry I did not get in on that deal! For I am only now catching up on my e-mails for that account! Lots of stuff going on.. Been really busy as of late!.. I am bummed for my loss However:eek: .... You have apparrently wet many appetites! Congratulations! you should be very proud of that! ;) Congratulatiosn for eh sucess!!

It is really beautiful and you do not see alot of freshwater necklaces that looks so well matched together like that.

I think a good comparison is to this necklace which is described as a fine quality with a clean surface - http://www.americanpearl.com/fwn78mxq.html
How about the price?

PS
I think the American Pearl necklace is Gorgeous, elegAnt, Ravishing, Beautiful, creAtive, Glorious, and Exquisite!
Who can argue with pictures like that. I cannot wait to see what flawless means!

Selectraders said:
PS
I think the American Pearl necklace is Gorgeous, elegAnt, Ravishing, Beautiful, creAtive, Glorious, and Exquisite!
Who can argue with pictures like that. I cannot wait to see what flawless means!

How entertaining you are! :)

That's crazy! The AP pear remind me of a strand Caitlin posted earlier, but she wasn't calling them names...

Returning to blackened Freshadama: is it possible to predict from the look of the untreated pearl what it might look like after dyeing? To put it otherwise: is there a correspondence between the water, overtone and orient before and the 'oil slick' colors on the tinted pearl?

Hi Jeremy, Raik and All!
Happy Holidays to all, and especially to me, as I received my black Freshadamas! Normally I am not into round, smaller pearls, but the colors on these are even more beautiful than the picture. The pearls are TRULY STUNNING! (Raik, I have black potato shape like the AP pearls that have some rainbow colors, I paid about $20 strung with sterling clasp.) These lovely black Freshadamas must have come in the new packages, very classy black boxes, really sturdy, didn't mash at all. Also ordered earrings, black fw and lavender freshadama, large sizes, they are just lovely too!!
Congratulations, Jeremy, Hope you'll try this in the larger sizes! You can see we are happily building our pearl wardrobe-----
Pattye

I am glad you liked them, Pattye. The box is standard, however. Those blacks sure did go fast, and more than half the emails I am currently responding to are related to those - I guess a lot of people that we offered them to missed out.

The untreated colors do determine the treated colors to some extent. But the dye also is a big factor - the way it is mixed, and with which colors. I am sure someone at the factories know the exact formulars, what will equal what, but I do not.

Back