Kamoka in NYT Magazine

Josh

Hello everyone,
Our farm was mentioned in the new New York Times Magazine. Designer Monique Pean of New York came out to the farm last year. Another pic ran in Vogue a couple months back of her trip as well. Here's the link http://tinyurl.com/3oaaruz
Unfortunately her work is sold only through brick and mortar locations so there isn't much to see in terms of pearls on her website www.moniquepean.com.

Kudos Josh!!! It is short but NICE....and great photo too!!!

Will she be part of your group of jewelry designers?

Every little mention goes toward building momentum. That's a terrific piece in a very important news organization - congratulations! :cool:

Josh
I am delighted for you! The phrase in the article about letting the fish keep the shells clean made me think of those power hoses some outfits use. I really hope you are part of the wave of the future pearl fisheries!

Hi Douglas, your question is a very good one. We are working on the best strategy moving forward. I originally wanted to only exhibit the work of our resellers but Islands Magazine lit a fire under me to get a store up and running ASAP. I tip my proverbial hat to you because the pearl is my mistress too. Have to say that she has a tendency to be a bit bossy. ;)

Thank you Blaire. Your feedback means a lot to me. :)

Thanks to you as well PearlDreams!

Hi Caitlin, Thanks as always to you too. Our fish cleaning methods have been adopted throughout many of the remaining farms in Ahe, not to mention Raiatea. It will be really interesting to see what the future pearl fisheries look like in Polynesia.

Nice, Nice, Nice! Exciting stuff brewing, with your name on it. Very satisfying.

Hi Kat, thanks for the thumbs up. Please keep your eyes peeled because a similar short article with possibly a different picture will be appearing in Australian Vogue soon. You heard it on Pearl-Guide first! ;)

Short but sweet article. It's great that you are getting more recognition for your unique attitude towards pearl farming. Love that ring!

Hi Josh!
I am so impressed with you!
Congratulations!!!!!

And I can't tell you how much I love your blog. You are the ultimate of cool in my book!

Your store is too slow coming on line, though what I see is exquisite! And totally worthy of the true value and beauty of Kamoka Pearls- which entity deserves its Mystical Place in Pearl and Surfing History. I am in awe of your family and Family Vision.

BUT, since you ARE the Guru of leather Tahitians, Howse about getting a line of Circle Tahitians on knotted leather up and running?

I want one with 5 circle Tahitians knotted into it.
leather knot=@, pearl=O, leather knot @, for 5 pearls
....................................@O@O@O@O@O@.........................
or, as a station necklace.
.............@O@.............@O@...........@O@........... etc.

I would like the circles to be as different in colors as possible both on each pearls and between each pearl.

I can't tell you how much I love my "Mystery Venus" as I have named my keshi from you. She looks like a mermaid version of the Venus of Willendorf. She is so iconic. I have her on a silver chain, but realize, she would love to live on leather! Maybe just two circle pearls......
_____________@O@______@I@______@O@_____________

oo
one on each side.
I got out my camera to put up a picture of her and the battery needs charging, Did you ever take a picture of her?

Much Love,

Back