Anybody heard of Vantel pearls?

cfingram, I moved your new thread post to this page ..the posts are not completely identical so I left them both.

Good for you getting screen shots of their replies! :)

Last edited:
Thanks Pearl Dreams! I just want people to be aware... I had a friend of mine spend $1k in Vantel Pearl jewelry..... yes, that is correct, 1K!!!!! I can't sit here and continue watching my friends buy into something that is not what it is all cracked up to be. So shady, it makes me very uncomfortable. I now want to buy Akoya pearls, to compare and visually see the difference between an Akoya v.s. Freshwater. I have a drill anyways, so I totally plan on making jewelry for myself, my daughters, family, and even friends.

Now, to find some very reputable pearl suppliers (no holes! I want to be able to choose what to do with it lol)

Vantel made me so angry, I'm really contemplating on making a YOUTUBE video of what they did to me, and how shady it looks...and let people do their own research on it! EDUCATING THE CONSUMERS will create a market of buyers for you all !

Hello. New here. I came across this thread by doing a google search on pearls. I currently do pearl parties for Vantel and thought I'd jump in and answer some questions or misconceptions I read on this thread. Not looking to cause problems but wanted to chime in. The pearls we shuck and sell are Freshwater pearls that have been transplanted into Akoya shells. I noticed that someone on this thread reported not getting a straight answer from Vantel on this question. I'm not sure why as it's not something that's ever been hid from the consultants. If a consultant doesn't know this I'd guess it's because they haven't been paying attention or just don't care. I wanted to know incase I was asked so I asked and was told without any trouble. As far as the value goes I no longer give a value during my parties because one it doesn't take a genius to know or realize that a for profit business is not going to sell you a setting for 29.00 with a pearl in it worth 78.00. Wouldn't make money that way. I always tell my customers something only has worth if they can find someone to pay that price for it. I've shucked and sold thousand of oysters and been asked anything about the pearl or the oyster maybe twice. Honestly most people don't care. It's an experience that folks are looking for and the friendships that are made during these events. I've gotten to know and become friends with a ton of my customers. My main concern was if the pearl was real or not. It's a real freshwater pearl. Is it as valuable as a saltwater? No. And that's a good thing! Not everyone can afford the highest priced stuff there is. A lot of us ( myself included ) like and want a cheaper more affordable option. Plus they handle daily wear and tear better, which my customers prefer. Anyways just wanted to weigh in. I'll click around and read up and pearls and learn a few things while I'm here. Have a great day!

Just because nobody has asked you about whether the pearl was grown in that oyster, doesn't absolve you of fraud. Just because people do not know what to ask, or anything about the different types of pearls, does not mean you can pretend you are innocent of fraud. Just like being ignorant of the law does not mean you will not be punished if you break a law.

Many people do not know the difference between freshwater and saltwater pearls and the different mollusks. If you are saying "Freshwater" but not educating people on what you are really selling them, that's still fraud in my book.

Last edited:
People see an akoya oyster and naturally believe they are getting an akoya pearl that was cultured in that very oyster.

If you fail to tell all your customers outright what they are getting, whether or not they ask, it is not an honest sale.
If you fail to tell them that the freshwater pearl was placed in a dead oyster, it's not honest.
If you fail to tell them the black pearls are dyed, it is not honest.

Don't wait for people to ask. Be up front about what you are selling.

Not everyone can afford the highest priced stuff there is. A lot of us ( myself included ) like and want a cheaper more affordable option. Plus they handle daily wear and tear better, which my customers prefer. Anyways just wanted to weigh in. I'll click around and read up and pearls and learn a few things while I'm here. Have a great day!

Selling a fifty cent pearl for thirty dollars is not an affordable option. It's a outrageous markup.

You don't seem to care whether other consultants don't care or lie. If you want to get real, let's get real. That won't fly here. Non disclosure and deception might be acceptable in your circles, but don't presume to preach it to the farmers, scientists and experts who contribute here.

It's a carnival side show and little else.

Are you telling them the whole story? That the pearl was not cultured in that shell? That it was placed there in a factory? If not, I still say it's dishonest.

Tell yourself whatever you like, but we're not buying it.

Is Facebook aware of these shenanigans? There must be some language in their user agreement that prohibits users from engaging in illegal activity on their site?

Is Facebook aware of these shenanigans? There must be some language in their user agreement that prohibits users from engaging in illegal activity on their site?

https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

It's somewhat ambiguous though. Facebook will remove intellectual property used without permission. However, issues such as the falsehoods perpetuated by pearl parties will require an injunction from the courts or an order by the Federal Trade Commission before they'll take action.

That day is coming. The sheer volume of complaints are being examined by consumer advocacy attorneys as we speak.

Dear blessedmom. Did you know that the shells you are selling cost less than $1 wholesale from China. Someone is making a lot of money out of the deceptive razzmatazz ...
Trading standards in the UK is investigating and I hear there is to be a class action lawsuit, so hope you are happy about your thousands of sales

I posted this on the Pearl Party Mania FB page, but somehow it did not show up… She "liked" the SCAM education page… most likely trolling for more unsuspecting marks. She has Josh's photo prominently showing.

The photo of Tahitian pearls in their host shell you have on your party site is the property of Josh Humbert, the photographer and owner of the farm in French Polynesia where these pearls were grown. He has not given permission for you to use his photo. The pearls you are selling are commercial grade cultured Chinese freshwater pears which have been inserted into dead preserved juvenile Akoya oysters in a factory in China. Your customers need to know the truth.

Marianne, I can see your post on their FB page right now. Maybe it took a while to post?

I see the same photo by Josh as a poster on the wall behind her in her videos-- sheesh!

I grabbed a screen shot of your message and the photo at the top of her page. I did go through my "likes" and have not located that like. I would otherwise block it.

Well I'm glad I found this site! Unfortunately I fell for the scam myself this week before getting educated lol. Here is my concern: The Vantel Pearls consultant that did the facebook party is pregnant! She was not wearing gloves. Does anyone know what they are packaged in? I read some comments that it is alcohol or possibly formaldehyde. I need to let her know.

cheezehed,

She should be wearing gloves at the very least, but to be honest I don't think she should even be breathing in any of the fumes, which could cross the placental barrier.

But do you tell your customers that the akoya oyster you're pulling the "freshwater" pearls from are "saltwater" oysters?

Selling a fifty cent pearl for thirty dollars is not an affordable option. It's a outrageous markup.

You don't seem to care whether other consultants don't care or lie. If you want to get real, let's get real. That won't fly here. Non disclosure and deception might be acceptable in your circles, but don't presume to preach it to the farmers, scientists and experts who contribute here.

It's a carnival side show and little else.

Not only are they taking advantage of consumers by claiming akoya oysters are producing freshwater pearls, the jewelry they're making their real money on should be brought into question as well. Their $59 Sea Turtle Cage Necklace is just ONE example. This .925 sterling silver Turtle Cage pendant can be found on AliExpress, Alibaba, LPearls, DHgate, etc., ranging in price from $3 - $4 ea. Add a sterling silver chain for approx. $6. So there you have a necklace worth less than $25 holding a pearl that comes from a $2.50 wholesale oyster (bump it up to $5.50 per oyster if they ordered "twins"). Not too shabby, making $30+ a pop on these turtle necklaces alone!!

vturtlecage.jpg $59 Vantelturtlecageonline.jpg $4.20 (pendant)

Last edited:
Back