Is this a record?

BeadersSecret

Professional Rethreader
Well it is for me . . .

Special order for a client - through a shop - 7 strands of dyed agate - fully knotted into one continuous strand (no clasp) for a final length of 3 metres or approx 9feet 9 inches.

7Strands.jpg

Long_Wrap.jpg

Long_Wrap2.jpg

Phew - I am glad this one is finished.

Regards
Bernadette

Woah, good job! I nearly died and I only did about 2.5 feet of the 6-7 mm dyed golden freshwaters.

Wait, that strand probably addled my brains. It was 72" or 5'.

Last edited:
I can just about manage a 20in strand at a time!

Great job, very "goth" :)

DK :)

I am just in awe of you managing that much thread.... I seem to get it caught on my heels, the chair, the castors, etc etc... and that is just when it is a 42 inch rope!

Good job, Bernadette.

For those who do not know Bernadette, she is a professional knotter from Australia. She even knows the Paspaley knots, though she can't make it public.

She also uses a kaygee polyamide string. Here's a quote from an old thread
There's no "Special" thread needed - it could be Silk - but I dont recommend it - or you can use any other beading thread of your choice. My personal favourite is an Australian made thread by Kaygee products based in Western Australia.
I researched Polyamide thread and came up with Kaygee LINK and also this:
Poly Nylon (Griffin) Bead Cord
Often known as Polyamide or Griffin. As soft as silk, strong, fray-resistant, knottable stringing material. Twice as strong and half the stretch of ordinary Nylon. Can be knotted very tightly.
Not to mention, both brands come in a variety of colors

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the nice feedback.

The bead sizes where 6 & 8mm - the wholes where rather large so 6 strands of thread was used - keeping the thread straight was a bit like herding chickens.

Hi Caitlin - yes it was done with the tried and true Kaygee thread - for this length and weight you need to be able to trust the material.

I didnt weigh it - but I wouldnt like to think how much this length of 11-12's would weigh around the neck.

Regards
Bernadette

Congratulations Bernadette! It sounds like it would be exhausting to knot something so long and heavy, but it looks beautiful. :)

Reading this thread reminds me I have some faceted onyx beads to string, and shall keep some of white drilled rounds from the beaders specials to form a double :)

I am going to do 2 strands instead of a long rope though, safer for an inexperience knotter! :D

DK :)

This is one of mine. The long Sheri-wannabee I've been talking about.
183cm. (72 inches).
Sorry there's no neck shot - will try for one tomorrow.

Attachments

• 0110.jpg
    0110.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 0109.jpg
    0109.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 0116.jpg
    0116.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 0124.jpg
    0124.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 0125.jpg
    0125.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 41
I keep seeing more and more people wearings pearls on tv. The c-spans are loaded with them as are interviews on news shows.

Today, we can wear a necklace like that anywhere, but it looks particularly delicious on those over 40. It is really upscale without being blingy.

I saw our new first lady sporting a medium sized (not over 8mm) white CFWP 18" a very appropriate jewelry for anyone to buy/wear this year.

I wonder who her pearl supplier is?

72" of Tahitians...wow.

Back