My freshwater pearl drops from China!

KatalinPG

I know, people buy from lot or sources and vendors, but I never came across here the name of WenPearls from Etsy. I found her a few month ago, and ordered small items like loose pearls for earrings, etc. I found one day in her shop white drops with very good luster for a very good price, and I thought, lets give it a try. I sent her a message, and bought 3 strands of 15.5 inch strands knotted to a long rope. And the price: 42 USD + 3 USD for the clasp, stringing and knotting free of charge. This is a price, where I thought, ok, maybe they are going to be pearls for my stash, or it is going to be a lucky find:
Here are a few pics:
IMG_3102.JPGIMG_3103.JPG

I think, they are a lucky find!! :) The pearls are 7-8 * 8-9 mm. I like them very much D:. Maybe the clasp could be attached more nicely, but I may restrung it once, if I learn to knot.

Wow, those are gorgeous!

thanks so much for posting -- I've been eyeing those!!! they look lovely! I've purchased a few times from Wen, and results have been positive, with some much better than others but all of them fine for the price. enjoy your find!!

Lovely. Thanks for sharing. I was curious about those too! I have bought from Wen before as well. Had some great stuff and some ok ones.

Thank you for your comments! I have the same experience than some of you, some orders just ok for the price, and some beautiful! I have ordered also the seed pearls for my tassel from her, and I hope they are going to be as nice, as the drops! I ordered from her also very cheap GSS pearls too and I'm really curious how they are going to be. I don't expect too much, but I let myself be surprised! ��

Which seed pearls did you go with? I was eyeing some of the small ones.

Battah, I ordered between 2.5-5.5 mm and AAA according to Wen's shop rating. It's going to take at least 2-3 weeks till I get them.

I've been eyeing these off too and wow they are gorgeous! I've also had mixed results ordering from Wen - some exceeded my expectations and some were just okay, but still fine for the price.

Please share photos of your seed pearls when they arrive!

Haha. I went to look at the site and the drops strand were sold out! Guess your post on PG definitely drove traffic.

That's funny! But maybe try on other product. She even has 4 A strands (her own shop grading)!

i admit i finally pulled the trigger on these drops after seeing Katalin's photos :) i also took a gamble on a strand of multicolored "metallic" potato pearls and some "metallic" baroque lavender seed pearls. now i just have to wait! thanks again, Katalin for sharing -- hope mine are as nice as yours!

I really would like to see the pearls from everyone who bought from Wen. I wish you good luck with your purchases.

Hanadama - the seeds I'm going to photograph, as soon as they arrive. I hope, they are going to be equally nice!

And neckshots are coming soon!

ckrickett mentioned Wen's site on the other forum -- that's where I got the name from. i've mostly bought my project pearls from her and youpearl (who has an etsy site and much larger separate website).

image.jpeg

So this is my neckshot. I wear also my 10 mm metallic studs from PP.

Back