My freshwater pearl drops from China!

My tahitians from Wen came yesterday. Overall I'm satisfied with my purchase, if I look at the price-performance ratio. The pearls are clean enough to use them for my planned rope, and I have plenty more to make some new things.

Here are the pearls, which I have chosen for my rope:
image.jpg
The other good ones:
image.jpg
And there were some with more spots, but still ok for a station bracelet maybe in the future.

I asked Wen to drill me 3 pearls with 1.5 mm holes, because I wanted to make a macrame bracelet. I looked for some shamballa bracelet tutorials on YouTube, and finished today my bracelet:
image.jpg

I'm afraid, I have to make a few more for friends and family! ��

Very pretty! She drilled a couple from a strand? Or did you pick individuals? I wondered if I could get a strand mostly drilled normally with a few with larger holes...

Katalin - I like the plump shapes of your new pearls. How does the colour compare to your other Tahitians?

Okay so I took some photos of my AA+ Tahitians from Jac with my new AA+ babies from PP. And I can confirm that the level of blemishing is consistent. Within each lot, some of Jac's AA+ are more blemished than others, but the same is true of the PP babies. But of course with PP there is the added value of the matching and also the generous return policy.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Some close ups of my last batch of AA+ circled multi from Jac. Hopefully you can see some of the blemishes. I love the super ringed bright purple/blue one. Saving that one for my tin cup.

image.jpeg

neck shot

image.jpeg

Very pretty! She drilled a couple from a strand? Or did you pick individuals? I wondered if I could get a strand mostly drilled normally with a few with larger holes...
Battah - yes, she drilled this 3 pcs. from the strand. I saved the picture of the strand from her etsy shop, than marked the chosen pearls with a picture editing programm, and sent the picture back to her. She was really responsive, and did a good job. I'm sure, she is going to do the same for you also! Just give a try!

Katalin - I like the plump shapes of your new pearls. How does the colour compare to your other Tahitians?

Okay so I took some photos of my AA+ Tahitians from Jac with my new AA+ babies from PP. And I can confirm that the level of blemishing is consistent. Within each lot, some of Jac's AA+ are more blemished than others, but the same is true of the PP babies. But of course with PP there is the added value of the matching and also the generous return policy.

View attachment 45152

View attachment 45153

You new silver strand is so pretty Hanadama. I can't see the blemishes but that's probably because it's so shiny. Also I think it's easier to see blemishes on darker pearls than lighter ones.

Can I see a close up on the silver strand please?

Here you go Bailey! As you can see some are more blemished than others (and there is one particularly blemished pearl) but I can't see them at all from a normal viewing distance (ie when looking in the mirror).

Hope this helps!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Hanadama, those little silvers from PP are adorable! Really beautiful on you, too:)

Quick story -I purchased a lot of Tahitian pearls from Jacques, which I never got around to using, so I took them along on my visit to PP last week. I had gotten mine drilled, and the pearl dust from the drilling had coated the inside of the plastic baggie they were in. Jeremy looked at them and remarked that he generally blew out the pearls as he drilled them to get rid of the dust. Then he proceeded to pick up each pearl and blow them out for me, making a little puff of white pearl dust come out of each pearl. Finally, he gave me a clean baggie to bring them home in.

All this, for another vendor's pearls.

Love those little silver Tahitians - so sweet !

Red - are you having something made up ? Another example of excellent customer service at PP :)

Not with those pearls. I gathered up a lot of odds and ends, and I am getting several projects completed. I'll post them as they arrive.

Not with those pearls. I gathered up a lot of odds and ends, and I am getting several projects completed. I'll post them as they arrive.

Can't wait to see what you have in the works!

On pearl dust, I tend not to "blow" into the pearl drilling as that creates more dust (which cannot be good for the lungs). When I drill (wearing a respirator rated for asbestos, and safety goggles) I use a piece of wire to clean out the drill hole. I then place the pearls in a porcelain bowl lined with a swiffer dusting cloth. This pretty much gets rid of 90% of the dust...but there is always residue when I string. So I take a triple thickness of Beader's Secret and "string" the pearls, sliding them around, on this temporary strand. I keep them this way until I'm ready to use them. It really cuts back on the dust.

I actually don't mind the pearly fairy dust - I give the pearls a bath, and drying them off gives me the opportunity to play with and get the know the pearls better. But Red at least sound like you didn't have the drill hole off-center issue.

Yes the above example just deepens how much I love PP's impeccable customer service and product! Yah Jeremy!!!

Thanks Hanadama!
I see the one pearl you are talking about when the picture is up close but Yes I agree it isn't noticeable at all from a normal viewing distance.
Really beautiful necklace though. Excellent luster, shapes, and overtones.
( i Had to add a silver oval strand in my wishlist after seeing your strand :D)

I've got today my second Tahitian strand from Wen. The pearls are bigger, than in the strand before, so I'm going to use these for my project. Here are a few pictures of the strand:
IMG_3766.jpgIMG_3768.jpgIMG_3765.jpg

Back