in auction a art nouveau conch pearl plique a jour pendant

dmj

pppp pearl
some years ago we got this piece in true a costumer who was selling some pieces its most likely american made and produced because we have also seen it with a mississippi pearl

the looks and age tells its art nouveau however because no makers mark its not 100 % sure the patina of the pendant is quite old so where sure its not a modern remake however in the 60s and 70s they also made lots of art nouveau looking pieces so a hard piece for us to judge

so for a conch pearl plique a jour and gold pendant if the auction is not going to high its a awesome piece and if someone knows its 100% sure art nouveau i will maybe buy it back if staying low :p

we sold it a year ago and now true that seller its back here and in auction again he thinks he gets 3000 i told him 1000 so interesting what its going to be :) it ends in three days so i will keep you guys updated :)

http://auction.catawiki.com/kavels/...namelled-pendant-with-conch-pearl-and-diamond

there is one on etsy identical so we know they where produced this one however has a mississippi pearl the seller here guaranteed that its original a year back when i send them a email

https://www.etsy.com/nl/listing/125...ref=shop_home_active_1&ga_search_query=plique

Piazza Navona
_MG_4883.jpg
_MG_4836.jpg
St. Peter's Basilica

Exciting, keep us posted! The pearl is absolutely charming to my eye. Like watermelon candy corn.

(You may not know what "candy corn" is -- a sickly sweet Halloween candy created in the US):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_corn

Last edited:
How lovely!! The conch is in perfect condition for its age. Its obviously been kept safe and loved this whole time...

condition is pretty good does show some age tho is has a little hairline in the back front is all clean

_MG_4901.jpg

what i like best is how the shape of the conch pearl goes with the shape of the pendant part we took like 100 pictures before i had the hairline on there because the light its hard to get it on there do have good documentation now :)

last week the same costumer also asked us to sell a piece with small natural pearls forgot to show you guys :) think it sold for around 260 pretty cheap for something made in holland around 1850 and in really good condition :)

_MG_4587.jpg

the conch pendant however is a whole other pearl game :) its quite easy to find old pearl pieces at the moment however conch pearl pieces will always be hard

Last edited:
dmj, very interesting and lovely pieces; thanks for posting!

dmj - That Conch piece is gorgeous ! Those pearls are quite amazing .. I think I could stare into one for hours..quite mesmerising. Hisano's ring is one of my all time favourite pieces.

The little (?) cross is very sweet and the price was pretty good too ..

thanks for posting...keep us in the loop ... be interesting to see what it goes for..

I have seen this piece from up close when Daniel showed it to my during one of the shows..
..very special and unique make.. never seen anything a like..

besides never having time i will try to show some more pieces when they come by we work with quite some sellers here and also make pictures for them so should post them more often :)

blaire, good to know they are not that old i figured when i came by some of them that the chance was small however no one gave me the maker :) i once emailed the seller with a similar one on etsy and she was 100 % sure for art nouveau , so when we sold it we made it in possible art nouveau because we had our doubts happy we did :) now its still worth quite some for the pearl so quite curious what it will do

It seems when I was so busy looking at beautiful flowers (and eating mustard soup :) in the Netherlands, I should have saved some time to go look at jewelry ... won't make that mistake if I ever get back ... Thanks again for the photos dmj :)

Back