How do you store your pearls?

lizard

After a few years of pearl collecting, my jewellery drawer(s) are now an overflowing mess of hard-to-distinguish boxes that I find myself rummaging through each morning. I know I need to do something to establish order, but I'm not sure what?

I'm interested to hear (or see) how others store their collection for ease of selection, space minimisation, protection and aesthetics.

Me, too.

Mine are currently all sort of lined up in a velvet lined drawer, but I would prefer to have some sort of organizational slots to keep the necklaces in, and small square dividers for rings and earrings and pendants. I got some good advice in a previous thread, and I just haven't gotten around to buying anything yet.

Mostly, I don't want an obvious jewelry box sitting out with the good stuff. The jewelry box gets the crap I don't mind losing. I want something more secure, or less jewelry box looking for the good stuff.

I found some great stackable rectangular and square boxes with various dividers at The Container Store. They're lined with soft felt material, and fit into drawers, safes, covered baskets, trunks... anything that doesn't look like a jewelry box. Many sizes, colors and organizational slots for rings, studs, bracelets, watches and necklaces. Easy to buy more as one's jewelry collection grows...

I keep all of my jewelry in a wall-mounted jewelry cabinet. It has a lock and a big mirror, which are nice. And, I can see all of my jewelry at once. Also, it's inside a closet (I keep meaning to get a lock for the closet door as well. It would be nice to have a place to secure all valuables when we go out of town).

The downside is I can't pull the whole thing down and play with all my pretties at once, and I often drop something when putting jewelry on or getting it out of the cabinet. I've put folded up towels underneath to keep pearls from getting dents and/or bouncing under things where I can't find them. Anyway, that's my system!

Last edited:
I found some great stackable rectangular and square boxes with various dividers at The Container Store. They're lined with soft felt material, and fit into drawers, safes, covered baskets, trunks... anything that doesn't look like a jewelry box. Many sizes, colors and organizational slots for rings, studs, bracelets, watches and necklaces. Easy to buy more as one's jewelry collection grows...

I got some of the same from the Australian version of the Container Store.. a bit expensive but they work really well.

And the Container Store...I'm with JP on that !! The first time my sister in law took me there to find something..I thought I'd died and gone to heaven... she wanted to leave and I kept giving her the slip and running off. ahhhhhh happy memories

I have hidden compartments in my big dresser and night table lined with one of those velvet liner for jewelry and only one is full so i still have a lot of space...:rolleyes: :D
I've always wanted something like a wall hanger though for strands and long rope that look something like this...
42eb5abed160b4c64010af9bac962a18.jpg

Just googled "container store"... found lots to like. Impressed to see they will ship to New Zealand and even allow payment in NZ dollars.

The stackable trays look the deal, but I may also need one of those travel wraps :cool::
10064551StackersJewelryWrapV2_600.jpg

I looked at the stackable trays, but I already have stackable trays and I don't like them. You have to lift everything off to get to the bottom stuff, and I put my stuff in a cabinet with doors, so I can't lift a lid. I want something with drawers I can pull out.

For travel, I got one of those rubber mats for lining drawers, so stuff doesn't move around. I bought it in the grocery store. I lay everything out on it, and roll it up. Then wind an inkle (narrow handwoven band) around it. I can also cut it down to whatever size I want.

Just googled "container store"... found lots to like. Impressed to see they will ship to New Zealand and even allow payment in NZ dollars.

The stackable trays look the deal, but I may also need one of those travel wraps :cool::
View attachment 50095

Lizard, that looks really cool! I feel a Container Store trip is in my near future...

Oh, Jeremy LOL LOL LOL ... Hisano's old grandmother's chest sounds wonderful :)

In a huge Liberty safe in the boxes they came in from Pearl Paradise. Fire rated and pearls are safe. 705997_L1.jpg

Last edited:
hahaha Jeremy! Hisano's grandmother's chest sounds wonderful! I love to use the container store stackers inside drawers, so I guess I don't really stack them!

JerseyPearl. Too many people end up crying in their coffee cups if they come home and have been robbed . If you store them out they are very easy to just pick up and just cart off. This safe took three men and a electric hoist to bring in the house. It's way bigger than my last Liberty.

Back