Hong Kong anyone?

I was going to initially, then family drama happened and just don't feel like it now. My guess is either September or March next year. Pity, I was looking forward to seeing you guys.

Yes but not to the gem show, I am going to visit my mum who has a base there in Nov 09 :)

Yesterday, my boss informed me I might be required to go on a business trip in China in early Mar 09, and got me all excited as my mum will be in HK during that time too, and I thought I would visit her for a few days. Then he told me the trip is off today, nevermind :(

Have fun in HK :)

DK :)

Oh Josh - I have looked up flights about 12 times in the past week in a "will I, won't I" kind of way, but no, not this time.... can't tell you how much I would love to be going! Wish you well. and hope you sell all your beautiful pearls. As I said to you before, you don't see many Tahitian farmers on the booths at the fair... you should be a hit!

Yes I am on my way now. Infact I am in the Red Carpet Club waitng for my fight. Josh will you be there? If anyone wants to touch base email me and I will give you my HK phone number.

I have heard from many of our suppliers the show is expected to be very slow.

I hate you guys. Now you have me thinking things I shouldn't be thinking.

Sarah, Josh - you should be glad Mikeyy isn't there.... the 'unbiased, uncensored' report is also usually the 'completely fabricated but hilarious' report when he is writing it..

well, almost completely fabricated.

My wife and I will be there for the entire show. Let's plan an evening together for PG members. Thursday evening anyone?

The Airport International Jewelry Show was cancelled in HK this year. I thought it was quite odd that they cancelled it a week before it started. The email I received stated that because they believe the current economic conditions will not improve in the near future, they are cancelling that show. At least that was the smaller of the two shows.

Left a message here earlier but it disappeared (??).
Thursday? Yes!
As for the "unbiased, uncensored report" we will have to vote for who writes it I think. That's a lot responsibility to measure up to Mikeyy. I'm thinking it might get a little (to quote Hansel from Zoolander) "loco."

I look forward to the report and photos (if they allow photos). Have fun. Thanks.

So jealous! Sounds like you all will have lots of fun. Can't wait to hear who out does who at the bar.

Yes, pictures if you can!!

I had the opportunity to meet with Josh

photo.jpg

I heard the show was really quiet, and there are reports 80% of business was lost. How was it, and will you guys be going ahead with the September show?

The show was very slow prices are down and nobody is buying. In the world of pearls FW pearls are getting bigger and better. T here is a lot of bold dyed colors being shown.
I meet with the Chinese farmers whom are also having a difficult year but claim that there are some big surprises in store in the near future.

Josh expressed his appreciation for the support from all the PG’ers and I am sure that you all will continue to support his good work. Hong Kong is awash in dumped black pearls at unsustainable prices so I am sure the PG outlet is very important to him. As those dumped pearls probably represent the end of many farms

Back