Good day friends ! 👋🏻 Here to show my chunky necklaces

Heart

Hello everyone ! I’d like to show necklaces that I bought from various online sellers. If possible , pls let me know too if I have been scammed 😭 😆

chunky strands from various online sellerschunky strands from various online sellerschunky strands from various online sellers in hand

One is Edison freshwater with what I assume is freshwater without beads mixed in the necklace , one is Chinese kasumi and one is south sea. Are they all correct and according to selling descriptions ? Thank yousss 💕

You have a nice collection Heart, the one I think is a south sea strand has nice luster. I think we need closeups on them. Try to stand between the lightsource and the pearls so the light gets diffused.

Thank you miss Charlotta! ☺️����

Here’s my next try with the photos.

Seller said this one is Edison. It looked different from the photo attached but I’ve bought from this seller before and the seller said she thought I’d like it if she game me a bigger and smooth surfaced pearl. I was hoping for a rippled looking one like in their item for sale photos. But this one isn’t too bad actually. From aliexpress.

9695AD47-37BF-42AB-B794-970E2A1DD194.jpg

This one is Chinese kasumi I believe. I love it. I wish it’s real Chinese kasumi. It’s really heavy. From eBay seller. Which coincidentally lives in the same area of Australia as I am. Easy to hunt them if they scammed me 😆 I Hope not

5D1BD1EF-1525-4242-93FE-ABF20E2C4D66.jpg

This one is south sea :3 from wen. Her Etsy store.

60D137A4-D47E-4D2A-82CB-F767739E6AC5.jpg

Here’s more photos :

9695AD47-37BF-42AB-B794-970E2A1DD194.jpg5D1BD1EF-1525-4242-93FE-ABF20E2C4D66.jpg60D137A4-D47E-4D2A-82CB-F767739E6AC5.jpgAEF03232-CE99-4030-989B-8BB2E28A03B5.jpgE5914572-7AAA-4C22-BCA1-0496A83CDDB8.jpg08ACC3C4-CE59-4FF0-B574-619AC2F3B32C.jpg09E89B52-597B-4A37-B72E-016B27DCF087.jpg

I have never bought anything from Aliexpress, both the "edison" (a trademark I believe) and the chinese kasumis are basicly bead nucleated freshwater pearls from China. Calling them edison or kasumi might not be right but I have seen many seller do so. Edison comes from one company and kasumi from a lake in Japan, something with kasumi in the namn don't remember. The south sea strand from wen looks like south seas, I have bought from wen on numerous occasions, and never gotten anything else than what I ordered. Sometimes her listings are a bit misleading, if you look at the section marked tahitian, south sea and akoya (or something like that), she also lists some freshwaters there.
I think that you have a lovely collection, colors on ripples are always tricky and sellers like wen and Kongspearl use lightboxes that really brings out the colors that sometimes are hard to see in real life.

I have never bought anything from Aliexpress, both the "edison" (a trademark I believe) and the chinese kasumis are basicly bead nucleated freshwater pearls from China. Calling them edison or kasumi might not be right but I have seen many seller do so. Edison comes from one company and kasumi from a lake in Japan, something with kasumi in the namn don't remember. The south sea strand from wen looks like south seas, I have bought from wen on numerous occasions, and never gotten anything else than what I ordered. Sometimes her listings are a bit misleading, if you look at the section marked tahitian, south sea and akoya (or something like that), she also lists some freshwaters there.
I think that you have a lovely collection, colors on ripples are always tricky and sellers like wen and Kongspearl use lightboxes that really brings out the colors that sometimes are hard to see in real life.

Kasumi pearls came from the Kasumi Lake in Japan - but I believe because of pollution the lake no longer produces pearls. Kasumi-LIKE pearls come from China - they have a similar rippled surface like the original Japanese ones. The Kojima Pearl web site describes these pearls and says there are efforts now to restart growing pearls there. https://kojimapearl.com/pages/about-the-pearls

Thank you miss Charlotta ��

Mrs Adm , is it possible that there are no kasumi from japan ever ? :eek: so I am able to buy one now , it’s either fake or from old times? ��

Yes miss I found out that he tahitian I got from wen had plenty fish bites and it’s not very obvious in the photos , or she flipped the pearls to where it’s not visible in the snaps. The south sea looks very shiny tho so I’m happy with it :3

Ohhhh I have learned from this forum that there both Chinese kasumi and Japanese kasumi and that Chinese kasumi is more cost effective. Basically I heard it’s like the Japanese lake kasumi pearl but it’s obviosuly not from any lake of japan , but China , and the pearls look similar. So better to buy the Chinese one. So I heard :)

Is there anywhere at all Mrs that I can buy Japanese kasumi pearls ? :)

Check out Kojima pearls. https://kojimapearl.com/search?q=kasumi

She has an information page. See this link and scroll down to the section on freshwater pearls from Japan.
https://kojimapearl.com/pages/about-the-pearls

The Chinese pearls are not Kasumi-- they are only "Kasumi-like". Real Kasumi pearls come from Lake Kasumi-ga-Ura.

That said, we all have budget realities and if it's more cost effective to buy Chinese pearls, there's no reason not to do so.

Last edited:
Thank you so much that’s very clear ! ��

Thank you miss ☺️ I love how they all go look good side by side. I am tempted to make them into one necklace hehe :3

Thank you miss ☺️ I love how they all go look good side by side. I am tempted to make them into one necklace hehe :3

It looks like the clasps are similar and could all be connected -- give it try!

Back