First stringing with Cees strand

suchi

My first stringing attempt. Beaders secret is a godsend product. The knots are far from elegant but since I struggled for 2 days for knotting the strand, I will wear it for a few days before restringing.
Hmm now that I have got the hang of stringing, I want to try an endless rope. Will it be very difficult to manage?
IMG_20180722_105055.jpg

Thank you Pearl Dreams. The tutorial helped a lot. I will get some white drops from Wen for the rope project.

Neck shots. I am not able to capture the colors in the strand.IMG_20180722_115349__01.jpgIMG_20180722_115305__01.jpg

Your necklace is amazing. I always string every necklace 3 times before I'm happy with my knotting.

I find it easier to string with a clasp. Otherwise you need something to anchor the first pearl. More than just the knot.

Thank you Bweaves. Yes I guess using a clasp will be easier and will also help doubling the rope as 2 strands. But before that I have one broken bracelet and a ripple strand to restring.

They look great and look wonderful against your skin. I think the thread color is magical.

Thanks Pattye, Gemgeek. The thread is really fabulous. I remember last year I had tried knotting with silk and gave up after 5 pearls.

It's so hard to capture the colors of Tahitians because they are like little mirrors and pick up colors and images around them. Your pearls are beautiful and so shiny! You did a great job stringing them too!

Back