• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Endless SSP+T

Incik Boncuk

I spent a very nice hour today knotting an ombre strand of baroque SSP+T into a 35"-ish endless rope.

I have done knotting in the past with silk. After reading so much about it, I ordered Beader's Secret from Pattye the other day. FOUR minutes later, I got a shipping notification, and two days later I had my thread! Thank you, Pattye!

This thread is just amazing. I've always used tweezers for knotting, but they were completely unnecessary with this thread! I do believe I need more pearls, so I can get more colors, so I can do more knotting . . . ;)

I went with plain 'ol white for this one, so as not to distract from the colors in the strand.

ssp1.jpg

ssp2.jpg

ssp3.jpg

ssp4.jpg

ssp5.jpg

ssp6.jpg

CathyKeshi

You did a wonderful job, and your new necklace looks fantastic!

Incik Boncuk

Thank you, CathyKeshi, 86Corvettegirl, Charlotta & Gemandpearlover! I love it and wore it all afternoon - until my neck muscles got tired ;-)

Incik Boncuk

Incik, Your ombre necklace is absolutely gorgeous and I'm so happy to know the thread made your knotting go more smoothly! Clearly your knotting/stringing skills are already excellent! Yes, bring on the pearls!

Spoiler alert, Pattye . . . some more are already on the way! ;-)

Thanks again for such fast and fantastic service! I keep looking over the color chart you included in the kit - the range is so much better than what I used to find with the silk thread. Once I have some more pearls in my hot little hands, I will use the chart to decide which colors to order next.

SydK

Agree about Beader’s Secret, and that is a wonderful rope! Great knotting, too.

Incik Boncuk

What a fabulous necklace you have made! And your pearls are lovely - great lustre. Your colour progression is wonderful, how many strands did you have to buy to get that lol ??? Are these from Wen ?

Thank you, Katbran! This one one strand - I knotted it in exactly the order it came to me. I bought it from Cees, my first purchase from him. :)