First SSP

MSC

Natural Pearl Lover
This is my first SSP and it's a goldie! 12.5mm and drop shaped. Not as dark as I would have liked but still really nice. I'm going to make a pendant with this small gold roundelle and a plain jump ring.
image.jpg

But eventually I'd like to upgrade to this:
image.jpeg

And this, without the pearl cup:
image.jpeg

Great pearl and it will look wonderful with the setting you have chosen. I have that enhancer bale and really, really like it. It's on my blue south sea. When you do change to this bale it will be fabulous.

It's wonderful. Can't wait for a neck shot of the finished piece!

That's a beautiful pearl, with a great presence and character, MSC :) I just had to see it right side up ... :)

GoldSSP.jpg

Thanks, guys! I really really really want a Jewelmer drop pair, but I knew that would have to wait. This bugger came up at Care Ehret's ebay shop and on sale so I couldn't resist. I think I did pretty good! There's some surface pitting, which at the price point I would expect, but it isn't deep enough to be distracting to my eye. The luster is nice and soft, but not dull.

Sometimes I go through these creative bursts where a bunch of ideas just bust out. I seem to be in the middle of one of those phases. I'm really glad to hear the enhancer bail is really nice IRL. It's so difficult to know for sure based on website photos.

Thanks for right-siding it, Cathy!

Two different morning lights in the cabin:
IMG_6552.jpg
IMG_6553.jpg

Beautiful! I love the shape on this...and those surface blemishes are not distracting from the beauty of the pearl nor its shape. I can't wait to see this one finished....and I totally understand those creative bursts. I like to take pearls and findings and lay them out on a table and walk around to see what grabs my attention.

I'll actually have time this weekend to work on phase 1 version of this pendant, so neck shots will be forthcoming :D

Newberry, I would love to see your blue south sea pendant too!

Jersey, yes! I'm the same way, I need to visually see everything. Sometimes that means drawing, other times actually laying everything out. I actually hate phasing projects, it drives me a little batty not being able to complete a vision outright, but I've had too many projects sit undone because of refusing to do intermediate versions. I'm trying to change my habits ;)

That's a neat looking pearl shape and I can't wait to see it set as a pendant! I also go through creative bursts. Right now, I've put all my jewelry making supplies away but have been itching to take them out again. I've got to stop looking at everyone's creations to put that urge aside and get some real work done. Good luck on the setting!

Ooooohhhhh, I love the finished result! Love the asymmetric setting and the chain, and of course the beautiful gss Pearl!! Looks beautiful on you!

Back