Exotics!!!

Natural colours for pearls also include shades of gold and purple.
'Exotic' is a term used by Pearl Paradise to describe (as I understand it) freshwater pearls which are not white or black

Not quite. We call freshwater pearls which are not white, but also not the regular lavender or pink/peach colors. Exotic is gold, green, orange, silver etc. The new exotics will be three things:

1. True Rounds
2. Exotic Colors
3. Completely Metallic

The only way to see a strand like this is to create it from collected pearls. The first samples that arrived, the matchers had mixed in some pinks because they felt the solid-metallic was too much. We pulled them out and really like the result. This is the way all of them are going to be.

When we release them, everyone will really understand what I mean. They are unlike anything anyone here has seen before. In nearly 13 years in the business, I've only seen something similar from one LA-based seller in Tucson.

A good way to describe it is to think about seeing that odd pair of earrings with the green-gold and metallic luster (Hanaleimom has a pair she showed us during her visit). They are strands of those - true rounds with rare colors. Most are going to be multi-hued, but some will be solid-color as well.

Last edited:
My photos are horrible. I don't have Photoshop, just Canon's own software. Earrings' photo is out of focus (if I adjust the background to white, the colors get washed out, so I didn't adjust). Earrings do look more gold,with green tint and some lavender or pink. Strands have lots of gold, silver, orange/coral, green with orange (4th photo, center pearls are peachy and orange with green and slight lavender). It's hard to describe.

Yeah, I am off today. :)

Attachments

• 08 Natural Pearl
    29.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4067_1.jpg
    IMG_4067_1.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 02 Natural Pearl
    82.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4070.jpg
    IMG_4070.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 04 Natural Pearl
    68.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4059.jpg
    IMG_4059.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
After having read Jeremys description and seen Hanaleimoms pictures I cannot wait for these exotic strands!

And another surprise at Pearl Paradise...these are not exotics, but the same caliber: exotic flameballs. They took my breath away. There are some pondslime colors, but much more metallic. I had the end pearls removed to make earrings, a suggestion from wise Jeremy. They are super metallic cream color ( I think).I could not capture the rainbow effect of the center pearl. It's a swirl of yellow, green, lavender.

As of today 9-20-09, I made earrings out of the end pearls and added pic here.

Oh-oh-oh, those earrings are to die for!

Jerin has sent me on a tour of the world with comparing the Cortez pearls and the Exotics. I missed so much of this thread. Please excuse the length. I have been reading every spare minute I have had. One link led to another and before I knew it I was lost in Pearl Land for quite sometime. Thank you for the introduction to further my knowledge of pearls.

Hanaleimom
Your photos of the Exotics are beautiful. I have viewed whatever photos are available on the PG. They are breathtaking. I do not own any pearls like these at all. I have a few strands not worthy of PG photo gallery but I can tell you they look like "pop beads" when compared to these magnificent pearls. I am saving my pennies and I can only hope to own a strand of Exotics.
It must be an experience to visit the vault of PP. I got to visit, just a glimpse on U Tube. I can think of no words to describe my reaction to your exotic flameballs . WOW! How large are they? The earrings you had made are fabulous. Love the setting and clasp. Did PP make them for you?

Gem Geek Your pearls are also so beautiful. I love the earring clasp you used and the yellow gold necklace. Just perfect! I have never seen a gold necklace like the one you have used, I love yellow gold. You must be such a beautiful person to bring out the beauty of pearls. Your photo of Pattye is beautiful.

Pearlcat I can hardly wait to see your Kojima pearls. I did read their entire website and PP's! Did you receive them yet? Love the pearls you ordered. Thank you for posting the pics.

Lionlaw Welcome to PGers. Your Exotics are beautiful.

Laurenb I loved your ?music?,

"There iiiiis a house in Los Angeles,
It's caaaalled Pearl Paaaradise.
It's been woo-in many a previously casual pearl consumer,
And now, we know, you're one."

It?s a good thing I am not on the West Coast. I would be lurking outside of PP on my days off!

Catlin, Jeremy, Josh and all the PGers Thank you for the expertise and all the wonderful information and pictures you have posted.

Enjoy your beautiful pearls :).

I'm glad to know you enjoy Pearl-Guide and the community as much as we do! ;)

Hi Pearl Angel,
Thank you. It is a treasure of information here. I still find posts that I have not seen previously, despite actively posting and reading for almost 2 years , not counting lurking occasionally prior to that.

Hisano stringed the flameball strand for me using 12mm laser clasp. The pearls are 12.3mm to 13.4mm, measuring perpendicular to drill holes. I made the earrings using findings from riogrande.com. Besides headpins, these are the components, in case you are interested:

http://www.riogrande.com/MemberArea/ProductPage.aspx?assetName=645577

http://www.riogrande.com/MemberArea/ProductPage.aspx?assetName=640218

http://www.riogrande.com/MemberArea/ProductPage.aspx?assetName=644542

Happy reading! :)

Hanaleimom

Thank you so much for the links, looks like a great site once you become a master like you. After I heal I can't wait to try basic stringing first. I am so happy to hear that you also just see post and you are active. So much information and so little time.:)

Seeing all the pics really makes me smile !

This is what I was referring to in an earlier post. This particular sample is a bit darker than most of the others, but you can see the metallic finish and the colors that don't really fit into the norm of freshwater pastel.

Attachments

• Metallic Freshadama.jpg
    Metallic Freshadama.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 45
Pow! Jeremy you knocked my socks off! Those pearls need to come with a pair of sunglasses. The metalics are almost too much for me to bear... Almost.

HOLY COW!!!!! They are kind of UNEXPECTED. Wow!

Make that triple POW! So intense, dramatic ... my kind of strand. :)

All I've got to say: There better be enough to go around, Jeremy!

Haha, pearl stress. ;) The waiting is the hardest part. Isn't this from a song in the 80's? Nevermind, Tommy Petty and the Heartbreakers.

Thats a great name for those particular exotics... Heartbreakers

Back