Exotics!!!

Really, truly amazing! These just levitate, they're so glowingly warm. Superwow!

WOW!!!!! These pearls are for sure something special. I LOVE the colours! Are the other strands much lighter or is it just a marginal difference?

They are simply beautiful. Is it my screen that shows an oval shape or are these oval, Jeremy? I hope you have several of this darker shade, round if possible! How far have you come with the "putting together" the strands?

Just gorgeous... what size are these, Jeremy? What will be the largest size you do in a full strand?

They are simply beautiful. Is it my screen that shows an oval shape or are these oval, Jeremy? I hope you have several of this darker shade, round if possible! How far have you come with the "putting together" the strands?

That is what I am hoping for too! These pearls just amazing!

No, there are no ovals in the strand. They pearls are true rounds. It looks like there are a few mistakes in the layering of the photo, which makes a couple of the pearls seem off round.

I think, for the most part, the strands are going to be slightly lighter than how this one appears. The photo seems slightly darker than the pearls appear to me. We have been trying a number of different ways to shoot the pearls to capture the metallic luster (it is really difficult to do).

Stunning - I would like a strand of those myself!

That is for sure!

The photo I posted was composed of 27 layered photos. When we shot with less, some pearls did not show their metallic luster. So with 27 photos, nearly every pearl was in direct focus. The only other option we can find is shooting straight down, but I don't really like that look.

That is for sure!

The photo I posted was composed of 27 layered photos. When we shot with less, some pearls did not show their metallic luster. So with 27 photos, nearly every pearl was in direct focus. The only other option we can find is shooting straight down, but I don't really like that look.

...and here was I thinking that there was so much to learn about pearls....now I discover that taking hundreds of shots to find one decent one was only part of the way to photograph.... yet another steep learning curve.
I think I will hand that part over to the experts, and you will all have to put up with my single layered shots until I can afford the pearls & their paparazzi.
Once again Jeremy, thank you for opening my eyes to yet another world.

No, there are no ovals in the strand. They pearls are true rounds. It looks like there are a few mistakes in the layering of the photo, which makes a couple of the pearls seem off round.

What do you mean when you say, "layering of the photo"? I ask this because several weeks ago, I posted a picture of my strand of round metallic CFW pearls (post #194 I think). Towards the end of the strand, a few of the pearls look off-round in the picture but in in reality, they are true rounds. Why does this happen? It's so weird!

Gail

I can't really explain it well. I'm no professional photographer. But the layering has to do with focusing perfectly on one spot and then shooting in almost a grid around the piece and then taking the perfectly focused part of each photo and putting them together like a puzzle.

I think...

Lens stuff, in brief: Optics can absorb all your time if you let them. The technique involves using multiple negatives or digital exposures to mitigate the limitations of a lens - in this case the principal issue is focal length with a minor secondary nod to lens distortion - so that more can be optimally in focus and correctly rendered for form at the same time. Product photography is an intensely technical art - and this is some good art here! (subject's nice, too ;) )

Last edited:
Lens stuff, in brief: Optics can absorb all your time if you let them. The technique involves using multiple negatives or digital exposures to mitigate the limitations of a lens - in this case the principal issue is focal length with a minor secondary nod to lens distortion - so that more can be optimally in focus and correctly rendered for form at the same time. Product photography is an intensely technical art - and this is some good art here! (subject's nice, too ;) )

Yeah, what she said:p

Back