Exotic Strands Are Coming!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I purchased this strand:

DSCN3205.jpg

You are getting sleeeeeepy.... You are getting out your wallet.... At least that's the way it happens with me! ;)

DSCN3204.jpg

Congratulations on your new exotics. The findings are adorable with the baby pink set. Post # 21, is it white akoya with pink overtone? Did you try any gold akoya on your wrist?

The akoya are light silver with slight pink overtones. None of the blue silvers looked quite like them. I can't wait to knot them up. ;)

Oh, the natural color golden akoyas were out of this world! There were a lot of the light gold color that actually looks good on me, but they are going to be posted on the site all at once when they figure out how to do it, so I'll just have to wait with everyone else. My favorites were the strands that were light golden with a hint of rose. <sigh> My suggestion is to start saving up so you can get some big ones!

I tried many shades on my wrist, but only the lightest pearls looked good. Everyone is so different in that regard. I think Jeremy is going to group them by shade.

I have a slight olive undertone to my skin, so that the darker gold color makes me look like a banana! ;)

What the heck? I might as well post some more photos...

DSCN3198.jpg

DSCN3199.jpg

DSCN3201.jpg

DSCN3203.jpg

DSCN3206.jpg

The last one is my strand again! ;)

Thank you for the photos. You picked a great silver strand. It has very sharp luster.

The exotics are gorgeous and I especially like the findings. I already realize that the silvers will be dangerous for my bank account.

Beautiful earrings and pendant set, Blaire!

Thank you so much for the photos - it's especially great to see the different colors side by side to gain an understanding of the subtleties of the hues. Oi, my bank account needs some focus!

I was visiting at Pearl Paradise yesterday and the exotics were fabulous. Jeremy still has some of the big earring and pendant sets, or at least quite a few earrings. I came with some findings that hadn't worked for the pearls I had purchased them for, and Jeremy helped me pick out some new pearls for them -- baby pink metallic exotics!

One of the things that fascinates me about the exotics is that they are the only round pearls that look good in direct sunlight. If you have some you can take them outside and see what I mean.

You wouldn't believe how pretty these are on, but of course, I couldn't get a decent photo. I think time of day has a lot to do with it. These are the finest freshwater pearls and we are so lucky to be the first to get them. ;)

View attachment 8174

Those are gorgeous! Your findings are always so pretty! Where do you get them?

Gemgeek your photos are amazing... thank you! And your new akoya strand is just gorgeous.

The exotics are indeed just magnificent. The baby pinks look fantastic, and I agree, you have the most beautiful findings, always! That set is perfect!!!

Well, I entered the world of Tweeter first and saw then saw the EXOTICS. (Tweeting is a new world and I am a real newbie to tweeting.) The Exotics are just stunning. Now, I can see why Jerin said they were the next best thing to the Sea of Cortez pearls. At her suggestion I read extensively about the Sea of Cortez pearls. They will never be within my reach. Jerin was right, the Exotics are stunning.

I had been saving, but also found myself out of work due to several joint injuries and a fractured shoulder after a bad fall. However, I made a decision. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me and I am going to make a go of it. I had a little stash envelope, jars of change that will be cashed in, reclycling cans and I sold for these beauties.

I do have a daughter that will someday own them. I never had an engagement ring, or other diamonds, precious gems, or inherited any heirlooms? but these are the brilliant stars I know I want to experience and pass on to my daughter and hopefully will start a tradition of being passed on to many generations.

Gem Geek You photos are beautiful. Thank you for sharing them. The golden akoyas, I could just cry looking at them. How nice to be able to go to PP and see all the beautiful pearls in person. Please enjoy your pearls, wear them in good health and with great happiness. Newberry has also told us what a wonderful experience it is to be surrounded by such beautiful pearls at PP. Now, I will be able to try and sleep with your beautiful pearl images in my dreams.;)

Mervione I stopped by your shop. The enhancer is beautiful. What size pearls does the enhance fit over? It is beautiful. Wishing you only the best in your venture.

Hi Pearl Angel and Johanna,
thanks requesting me for a pearl friend. I feel honoured! I am very sorry to hear that you, Pearl Angel, are between jobs but I hope you can manage one of the Exotic strands and I truly believe this will be one of your best purchases. How I envy Blaire, who could choose her strand "right on the spot" so to speak. The silver and golden Akoyas are beautiful and every time I think about stopping buying more pearls, there comes something new, even more beautiful. Pearl Angel you most certainly must succeed to show your daughter how to love pearls the right way. I have two daughters and they are unfortunately only moderately interested in them. I still hope that getting more mature will bring about a change, it would be a pity if all my pearly treasures just are stored in a safe. For now I am using different strands all the time, never getting tired of them!

You mention Twitter, I am going to write a post on "Other Stuff" about it and hope other members can tell me a little more about it.

Blaire: your pink Exotics look beautiful but I could think that whitgold findings would look even more stunning together than yellow gold. It could be my screen that does not show correctly. Thanks for the photos. How large are the pearls of the silver Akoyas you bought? 8,5 - 9 mm? And if you want to answer what such a strand costs, I would be glad to know.:)

What lovely photos of gorgeous pearls you have posted, Blaire! Thanks! The strand that you have bought is so truly beautiful....enjoy it and wear it in good health and cheer..
Pearl Angel, I wish that the exotic strand that you are going to buy with your savings brings you not only a gorgeous heirloom to pass on to your daughter, but also a lot of good luck which will take you out of this "between jobs" phase fast! :) Best wishes from China!

Hi Pearl Angel. Thanks for the compliment about my jewellery. :) It fits over 7-8 mm, I haven't really tried anything bigger as I don't own many big pearls...

As for saving for the exotics, I totally understand you. I think they are very much worth it... But I'm not sure if I can get any myself as I'm saving for a very expensive course I'm thinking about taking and that's more important. Sigh... I only say, if you can get them, then do get them! I never ever regreted getting the exotics from the previous offers, and they weren't as rare as these.

I'm wondering wheter it's worth to pay a lot more for the 7-7,5 mm strand instead of buying the 6,5-7? I'm not sure if I can justify it.

Gemgeek Your photos are beautiful BUT the pearls and findings you selected are exquisite! Really gorgeous, congrats!

OK, I've decided myself! I'll get the 6,5-7 mm ones with matching earrings. :) I think I've been such a good girl this year, haven't bought much pearls at all this year.

I was visiting at Pearl Paradise yesterday and the exotics were fabulous. Jeremy still has some of the big earring and pendant sets, or at least quite a few earrings. I came with some findings that hadn't worked for the pearls I had purchased them for, and Jeremy helped me pick out some new pearls for them -- baby pink metallic exotics!

One of the things that fascinates me about the exotics is that they are the only round pearls that look good in direct sunlight. If you have some you can take them outside and see what I mean.

You wouldn't believe how pretty these are on, but of course, I couldn't get a decent photo. I think time of day has a lot to do with it. These are the finest freshwater pearls and we are so lucky to be the first to get them. ;)

View attachment 8174

GemGeek Your findings for the pendent and earrings are beautiful of course with Jeremy's pearls in them they complement each other well.

The rest of your pictures capture and do justice to the beautiful golden, blue and silver akoyas that I saw on Tuesday. Your silver akoya strand is gorgeous. Enjoy!

I'm wondering wheter it's worth to pay a lot more for the 7-7,5 mm strand instead of buying the 6,5-7? I'm not sure if I can justify it

Mervione, I had the same dilemma between the 7-7.5mm and the 7.5 - 8mm strands. With today's economy, I opted for the smaller ones as well. I think, for me, it is better to have a beautiful strand of rare exotics with a lot less guilt...

As I get bills paid off and the economy improves, I'll be able to add to my collection in the future. And will be looking to PP for the additions.

Back