Does Anyone Here Own a AA Quality Tahitian Necklace?

pearlysmile

What do you think about the luster/blemishing? Are they noticeably worse than AA+ or AAA quality in your opinion? I own a AA+ and a AAA strand and love them. I'm interested in getting another Tahitian necklace, and I'm wondering if I should just pay extra for a AA+/AAA strand. Thanks!

My bias is toward baroque, and prefer high luster, but don't mind a few more blemishes on baroque pearls, as I think they are less noticeable than on rounds. I always go for the best luster I can get, and if it means a few more blemishes, I'm still happy!

Dear Pearlysmile:

Great question. It's probably a matter of how picky you are.

Turned out, highest luster, AAA, and gem quality to minimal blemishing was the way for me to go at PP's Mother's Day sale. Pattye on the other hand sells pearls and looks at them all day long so she is more knowledgable about these things.

When sitting across the table from my sister, looking at her silver Tahitians, I'm not looking for pits or level of shine or anything else. I'm talking and listening to her and am sometimes distracted by the soft silver sheen and teal highlights against her stunning blond hair.

Are you able to pick them out in person? Or do you have a vendor you trust with what you want? That could make a big difference.

It is probably key that you have more than one strand already.

barbie

Try logging in to TPO and look at their Tahitian bracelets. At least one of them is AA and it has great luster. Blemishing doesn't look too much either.
barbie

I agree with Pattye and Barbie - it's the luster and how the pearls look on your skin. I just got 5 strands of baroques/circles from Sarah, and there is one that works on me better than the others. It's not the one I would pick out if they were lying on a table, but when I put them next to my skin - there's no question it's the one for me.

I agree with Pattye and Barbie - it's the luster and how the pearls look on your skin. I just got 5 strands of baroques/circles from Sarah, and there is one that works on me better than the others. It's not the one I would pick out if they were lying on a table, but when I put them next to my skin - there's no question it's the one for me.

Keep one, sell the others to pay for it. (Works for me!) ;)

Back