Another Take on an Abalone Man's Pendant

J Marcus

Here's one that I finished this morning. It's strictly a J. Marcus production. I couldn't figure out just what to make from it for a while but the pendant Jeremy made from the Natural Abalone pearl set it's course. It's such a unique mabe'. I've never obtained another that would finish out very much like this. The back half of the hole for the leather is 14K. I haven't selected the beads for the tag end of the free end of the leather but will dig and experiment tomorrow. Couldn't wait to show it off! Had to shanghai Mrrr. McTippet on shorrrt notice ferrr his modeling sairrrvices. . . :eek: Opinions?

--------------------
Marc
http://www.flyrodjewelry.com/home.html

Attachments

• 8-20-08AbMabCrescentRdy-4.jpg
    8-20-08AbMabCrescentRdy-4.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 8-20-08AbMabCrescentRdy-1.jpg
    8-20-08AbMabCrescentRdy-1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 31
  • 8-20-08AbMabCrescentRdyBack-4.jpg
    8-20-08AbMabCrescentRdyBack-4.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Nice! It fits in with my belief that man jewellery should look as if it is something found while out hunting and just casually put on. gold chains etc - v chav. ick. Heavy gold rings..(with initials!) double ick ick. Gold chain bracelet - ditto. All three on one male - cross the road to the other side ick.

As beautiful on front than on back side

I think the moment came to ask questions about sex of mollusks
some are hermaphrodits, some change sex according seasons, and so and so
Who can tell us more ?

That is a nice idea for manly men. The geomancy of the pointy tips is a bit agressive, very hunter-like.

PS geomancy is similar to Feng Shui (sp)but much more Western. No charts or elaborate numbers; its about shapes and spaces and it is easy to understand as you gain an eye for looking at objects and space that way.

Cliclasp,
This needs to be on its own thread. Fascinating question.

I have often considered having a custom made mens ring using either a gem quality or mystique quality 8mm Eyris mabe pearl, any thoughts on that?

Go for it! Such fab colors have universal appeal, neither exclusively feminine or masculine--------yellow or white gold?

You know I never considered color of gold.. It's just that I see so many Eyris pearls here in the office and always thought it would be different and cool to make a ring out of one. I have a few Tahitian necklaces and people comment on them all the time. I kind of like the comments, it starts conversations on what I do for a living and people are always amazed and ask so many questions.

Wow, that pendant is wonderful and definitely manly. You did a terrific job!

I have often considered having a custom made mens ring using either a gem quality or mystique quality 8mm Eyris mabe pearl, any thoughts on that?

Yes, here is my ring as a thought-starter...

blaire ring.jpg

ring

ring

Thanks for sharing the ring picture. Another item to add to my wish list.

That necklace is one of the most appealing I have seen. I love it. I would wear it in the blink of an eye. I think it is manly but a woman could easily wear it too. Too beautiful for words. As for manly how about a Megladon shark tooth necklace? That would work for "he" men :)

Dawn

I finally took some final pictures of the crescent pearl necklace to put on my website, complete with three dyed cfwp's. I think that these show off the color and luster of the mabe better than the previous pictures even if the background doesn't quite measure up to the one provided by Mrrr. McTippet. . . :rolleyes:

-------------------
Marc
http://www.flyrodjewelry.com/home.html

Attachments

• AbMabCresRdyPln-1.jpg
    AbMabCresRdyPln-1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 31
  • AbMabCresRdyPln-2.jpg
    AbMabCresRdyPln-2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 32
  • AbMabCresRdyPln-3.jpg
    AbMabCresRdyPln-3.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 33
  • AbMabCresRdyPlnBck-4.jpg
    AbMabCresRdyPlnBck-4.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 31
It shows off the pearl to the best advantage - it allows the colors and luster of the pearl to be appreciated and the shape is more appropriate for that type of manly pendant than for any other piece I can think of at the moment.

Back