Well--not exactly mine... .

J Marcus

My youngest daughter was married just about 2 years ago, so I made her a brooch to wear with her wedding dress. I used an abalone mabe' that I'd put together and put it in a setting of 18K yellow and white gold, 14K rose gold and sterling. Then I sprinkled it liberally with diamonds, amethyst, tourmaline, and rhodolite garnets. It's a sunset on the pacific design, which that mabe' was perfect for. It was quite labor intensive. It took me a day more than I'd hoped to finish it. When I was done, I hastily took a series of photos of it, zipped back home, threw my clothes and things in the car and took off at about 7:00 PM, headed for Santa Rosa. I made up a bit for lost time on the way and got there the morning after I'd planned to arrive. We had a wonderful time and it was a beautiful wedding at the Mark West Lodge a few miles north of Santa Rosa. By the way--they have the 7 oldest known domestic grapevines in the US--175years! They're right out by the highway and the state of california has built a trellis for them that goes over the highway so that one must drive under them!

You can see and decide for yourselves if the brooch was a success, She wore it in front on her sash, (I think that's what that is...) and yes, she did design her own wedding outfit.

J Marcus
http://www.flyrodjewelry.com/home.html

Attachments

• MegBroacH-1dSm.jpg
    MegBroacH-1dSm.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 33
  • MegBrooch-1.jpg
    MegBrooch-1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 33
What a lovely design. The sunset theme is striking... You must be delighted with the outcome!
John

You sure know how to put jewelry to the best use ! :cool:

Lucky find, the pearl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous piece - wow, you made an heirloom that already has a beautiful story. Your daughter looks lovely - like a western version of an Indian bride with the bangles and pendants!

Wow! The design is so interesting. I think it will be a great heirloom piece.

Quite striking! It really enhanced the look of the dress. I'm sure this is destined to become a treasure to be passed down to future generations.

Back