X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baroque Jewelmer Golden SSP from Cees

This is a follow-up to Cees's thread:
    https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10247

Cees posted this delectable strand, which I loved right away for its chunky drop shapes, the rich and slightly rosy tones and the easy to wear size. I'll admit I was also intrigued by the stringing method, and I love endless necklaces, as clasps can be scratchy on my neck.

Cees's photo:
    Last edited by Pearl Dreams; 07-11-2017, 05:40 PM.

I've not had good success with the way GSSP looked on my skin previously, and figured I was just not going to ever buy them.

I recall trying on one GSSP necklace at Betteridge in Greenwich last year (they have gorgeous jewelry.) The sales lady took one look and told me it was not my color. One look in the mirror was enough to show me that she was right. It was hideous on me.

When I saw Cees's strand I just knew it would go with my skin tone. He had a matching pair of loose pearls which I also bought to make earrings. These pearls are all from Jewelmer farms.

I'll be turning 60 in a few weeks, and since I'm entering my "golden years" it seemed like a good time to buy my first golden pearls.

I love these, Cees!

The strand is 10.0-12.5mm and the loose pearls are 10-11mm. It's 18 inches long.
    The clasp is a breeze to use. Push in to close, squeeze/pinch the area between the 2 clasp pearls to push the two ends apart. Nice and snug and safe.

The shirt is cream colored.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pearl Dreams; 01-19-2016, 03:52 AM.

Comment

I hate to post and run, but I have to drive my daughter back to college. Spring semester is starting.
      These babies are staying on my neck for the trip.
      Last edited by Pearl Dreams; 03-21-2017, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Pearl Dreams these look AMAZING on you!!! and HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY to your big 6-0!!!!!!!

Comment

Yowza! Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Comment

Pearl Dreams.

Congratulations on perfection! Absolutely the golden shade for you; can't wait to see how you set the earring pearls!
            Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

The second photo really shows how nice they look on you! Nice, nice, nice.

They'd be on my wrist in a heartbeat...

Comment

They look much lighter on Cees' picture but they really are quite golden. I agree they are "your" golden shade.

Comment

Pearl Dreams -- they are just delicious on you! Wear in health and happiness. On another note -- I must say it's nice to have my two back in college after a long break. Never, ever thought I'd say that!

Comment

Pearl Dreams ... WOW, That's your color! Just beautiful!! Congratulations
                    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Ahhh.......to be 60 again........

A wonderful birthday and happy wearing of that lovely necklace!
                      Caitlin

How to hand-knot pearls without a tool

My avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl. One of a pair of Mexican handmade earrings.

Comment

Thank you everyone!!!

Flying out the door now....

Comment

Those are yummy, and they are perfect for you! Good eye, PD!

Comment

Those look just beautiful on you Pearl Dreams. Happy Birthday and welcome to The Club

Comment

Lovely pearls looks good on you, congratulations.

Comment

Working...
                              X