Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes, your mom does look great in those pearls! also, your lavender strand looks great on YOU! but really, with your gorgeous eyes, how could anyone notice those pearls? i bet you could get away with larger. i mean, if nancy pelosi or hilary clinton or QE2 can pull of mega pearls, you ought to be able to pull off some 8-9 or 9-10mm metallics, easy peasy!

today for a trip to the dentist, wearing big ratty comfy fuschia microfleece zipneck sweatshirt and baggy jeans and purple snowboots. also featuring TenderBeauty house brand gem quality peach 6-7 (i think)mm 18 inch strand over rainbowislandpearls baroque tahitians (restrung on purple BS with SSP and extra tahitian dangles on clasp) along with my very own puffy nucleated pearl bead pendant. oh, and TB lavender drop earrings johanna sent along with other purchases.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1:24:141.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	355032

Name:	1:24:142.jpg
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	355033

Name:	1:24:143.jpg
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	355034

oof dog fur. sorry about that.
    also, i wish i could capture the exquisite gemminess of these peach pearls on camera. i generally don't choose peach pearls, not my favorite color, but these were on sale, and i don't have ANY others that are just so otherworldly. it's what i imagine the gem-quality freshadamas must be like IRL. completely different than the metallics that i have - these appear translucent, with a glow dancing in the center of each pearl. just beautiful.

Name:	1:24:144.jpg
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	355035
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ill-sorted ephemera
    assorted bits and bobs, stuff and nonsense
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/illsortedephemera

Comment

• ok looking at that photo i have decided the dangles may not be best in the front with the other. here it is turned around - each photo has different side of the poofy pearl showing. it's like the souffle's, but not near as awesome, but still awesome in its own way, plus pondslime!

Name:	1:24:14.2.jpg
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	355036

Name:	1:24:14.3.jpg
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	355037
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ill-sorted ephemera
      assorted bits and bobs, stuff and nonsense
      https://www.etsy.com/shop/illsortedephemera

Comment

• Originally posted by juliebeth View Post
        yes, your mom does look great in those pearls! also, your lavender strand looks great on YOU! but really, with your gorgeous eyes, how could anyone notice those pearls? i bet you could get away with larger. i mean, if nancy pelosi or hilary clinton or QE2 can pull of mega pearls, you ought to be able to pull off some 8-9 or 9-10mm metallics, easy peasy!

today for a trip to the dentist, wearing big ratty comfy fuschia microfleece zipneck sweatshirt and baggy jeans and purple snowboots. also featuring TenderBeauty house brand gem quality peach 6-7 (i think)mm 18 inch strand over rainbowislandpearls baroque tahitians (restrung on purple BS with SSP and extra tahitian dangles on clasp) along with my very own puffy nucleated pearl bead pendant. oh, and TB lavender drop earrings johanna sent along with other purchases.
        I have some lavender nice quality round freshwaters that are 8mm (those lavender drops are small, 5.5mm long each). It was my Mama admiring both lots of my lavender pearls - the drops and rounds - that made me get her some for her birthday. They are quite large, my mother's pearls, I think 10mm each (from memory).

Those are the biggest freshwaters I have, though, don't have metallics or as big as 9-10mm in freshwater, although I do have a slightly-graduated string of Tahitian baroques, the smallest are 8mm and the largest are 10mm. For work, jewellery needs to be quite low-key (-: I have big eyes, rather than gorgeous! And if I don't wear mascara, I look like a rabbit - white eyelashes are a curse (one my sisters share with me).

I like both combinations you wore today- but think the second lot of photos, wtih just the souffle-ish pearl dangling, looks slightly the better. A really lovely combination, and those peach pearls are unusual, and gorgeous. You've got the right hair / skin tones to look great in them. I love the look of peach pearls (and gold South Sea pearls, too) but they don't suit me at all.

Comment

• Nice pearl swag - all layered up! I have to agree with Amanda, the peach looks great on you, and it looks blah on me.

Comment

• Love the poofy pearl pendant (say that three times fast)!
            Check out my jewelry here

Comment

• I'm going to have a wild guess here - "poofy" doesn't have quite the same connotations in the USA as it does in England.....

You wouldn't, I imagine, call it a homo pearl.......? Or a gay pearl...........?

Comment

• You would most likely say puffy

Comment

• The more the better I like the oppulent layered look and the dangles in front. Bring on the pearls!

- Karin

Comment

• I like the dangles in front too, the layered look is fab!
                    ~Melissa

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsOBeauty

Comment

• At first I liked the dangles in the back better, but looking again I like both ways! It's funny how layering works so well on some people, and not on others. I am in the "not on others" category, myself. Enjoy (and I know you do!).

Comment

• Hello, I'm new to the forum and also a new fan of pearls! A neck shot of the 18" 8.5mm - 9mm natural unbleached hanadama necklace that I bought from PP in December. Thanks for allowing me to share!

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	355047

Comment

• While great SSPs and Tahitians are still much on my mind, I often indulge in inexpensive necklaces. I wear them a few times to get a feel of their true character; then I have them restrung or reset with other pieces and loose gems that I already own. Here are dyed freshwater circles that I paired with my opal and diamond enhancer.

Name:	IMG_1461.jpg
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	355048

Comment

• Pretty colors on those ringed freshwaters! They look great with the enhancer too. Now I think I'm going to need to look for some enhancers to dress up my pearls!
                            ~Melissa

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsOBeauty

Comment

• Pretty freshwaters! And those natural white hanadamas look like they have lights inside. I want to turn you around, bertrande!

Comment

• Beautiful pearls Bertrande and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X