New Fashion & Style Forum

Ooh, have to love that diamond-masquerading-as-a-pearl in that oyster clasp by Heinz.

Oh fab fab! Allow me to share Adornale's moghul-inspired jewels. Caveat emptor - a previous pair had beautiful gems but the finishing was a tad too artisanal (read: rough) for my liking when they arrived.

Am loving the look of SS pearls, blackened gold and diamonds juxtaposed with bright yellow gold:

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 46
I love the pearls. They are rather beautiful whereas I don't like the copper. Surely it will eventually mess up the pearls eventually.

If you know of the site on etsa would love to know it.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://stores.ebay.com/Dawns-Designer-Collections
Natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover

Attachments

• linen%20and%20pearls1[1].jpg
    linen%20and%20pearls1[1].jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 39
I don't think the copper will affect the pearls as it becomes more turquoise in color. I wish I had an example like that to find out with! I hope to see more with pearls like that! They look like natural pearls. I wonder if they are.

I thought I had saved her sight but had to look through Etsy (then I was side-tracked by vintage eyeglasses, bought myself a new/old pair - lol). Her name is Karen Stahlecker and the site is Will Oaks Studio. Here is the website. http://www.etsy.com/shop/WillOaksStudio?ref=pr_shop_more#

I don't know what it is about the pearls I'm not crazy about - I guess the shape? I LOVE druzy pearls but not that sort of "kidney bean" shape, you know? Also thought this would be prettier with a colour that matched the copper a bit better. But I LOVE the design. Mixing them with semi-precious stones etc........

My boyfriend keeps bugging me to start making my own jewelry....... I don't know why I don't...... my hand doesn't work very well right now (broke my arm really bad, had surgery, waiting to have the metal plate and screws removed at the moment.....)

- Jodie -

Ooh, have to love that diamond-masquerading-as-a-pearl in that oyster clasp by Heinz.

Oh fab fab! Allow me to share Adornale's moghul-inspired jewels. Caveat emptor - a previous pair had beautiful gems but the finishing was a tad too artisanal (read: rough) for my liking when they arrived.

Am loving the look of SS pearls, blackened gold and diamonds juxtaposed with bright yellow gold:

Yeah, I LOVE the sort of "claw" shape holding the pearls in the earrings too! LOVE THEM!

- Jodie -

Oh, Jodie - good luck with the rest of your recovery.

Adeline! I really don't know if someone UNDER 30 could pull those off! Don't you think? Who has the experience to appreciate them like us "older gals" do? (just turned 46 last week....... ) The only thing that makes me think someone is dressing "inappropriately" for their age is when it's so OBVIOUSLY young - like "Hello Kitty" jewelry. Or pink "Juicy Couture" track suits (do the kids still wear those? No?) Those earrings are just "cool". I'd TOTALLY wear them. Of course, I have a lot of tattoos and a pierced nose...... those things don't go away as you get older - lol.

- Jodie -

Yeah, I love druzy/drusy/rosebud pearls but that damn flat spot just KILLS me. I see on some strands (or hanks if they're not strung yet) there ARE pearls without flat spots - I just want to ask them to take them all off and save them for me! lol (I know it doesn't work like that......)

I like the look of copper but NOT wire. Not a fan of that....... How about rose gold? Has a lot of copper in it.

- Jodie -

Pearls in NY Magazine

Pearls in NY Magazine

I've been trying but am still left with no idea how to start a new thread as these magnanormous pearls do deserve their own upmarket or luxe designer thread, you think?

From famed jewelers Tony Duquette and Hutton Wilkinson, here are their luxe pearl gewgaws, awesome studded coral and pearl one IMO:
http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/10/slideshow_tony_duquette_hulton.html

Attachments

• Tony Duquette and Hutton Wilkinson3.jpg
    Tony Duquette and Hutton Wilkinson3.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Tony Duquette and Hutton Wilkinson2.jpg
    Tony Duquette and Hutton Wilkinson2.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Tony Duquette and Hutton Wilkinson4.jpg
    Tony Duquette and Hutton Wilkinson4.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Tony Duquette and Hutton Wilkinson1.jpg
    Tony Duquette and Hutton Wilkinson1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 44
Adeline - I love those coral and pearl pieces!

Found this little necklace on Etsy (no comparison to those ones you posted but was going to post it before I came on this thread - lol)....... suits my hippie vibe.....
3pearlnecklace.jpg
here's her url as well.....
http://www.etsy.com/shop/amygracejewelry?ref=seller_info

Sarah - I was on "Kojima pearls" website and just noticed on this necklace that the pearls are held on with these AMAZING metal..... I guess you couldn't call them bails (is it bale or bail?)..... hangers? And is that RUBBER rings, or black metal attaching them to the chain? This is SO cool! I just love it!!!!

- Jodie -
metal and pearl.jpgmetal and pearl3.jpgmetal and pearl2.jpg

Hi Mausketeer, those are oxidized sterling silver jump rings... They add a lovely depth to this piece... Its definetly one of my favorites recently. I like the way the metal work is very angular and sharp, and the pearls are so free form and organic.
(usually they're called bails, when referring to the metal findings that outfit a pearl or gemstone so it can be hung).
Just got off the ferry from Mui Wo... Another long and wonderful day in Hong Kong! cheers, Sarah

That is a fantastic piece isn't it. the fittings holding the pearls are unique. Sarah is in a class of her own!

I went to visit Amy Graces homepage. In addition to the Tahitian above, she had other really reconstructed 60's pieces. I really love this one
il_570xN.255705187.jpg
It reminds me of a piece I did before pearls. I did it with Cedar berries, which reflect a similar look ans vibe to sandalwood.
charm necklace.jpg

In any case, I love Amy Grace's stuff. Good going for a gifted compatriot!

Ooohhh Caitlin, i love that.. It must feel great to wear! Before coming to Hong Kong i was up in Northern California and spent some lovely relaxing time finding Madrone berries on the forrest floor, i love making "nature necklaces" with those.
Yes Amy Grace is a very talented designer, and ohhhh so hard working! keep up the unusual mixes!
cheers, Sarah

Sarah's piece looks like flowers, too. The brown Tahitian has quite some character. I never would have thought about this combination

Back