Waiting for my first Cathrine Cardellini purchase!

KatalinPG

I am so excited, I made today my first purchase from Cathrine Cardellini. I bought 2 srands, and she is going to make also earrings to them. Unfortunately she had no matching earrings, so she had to take the pearls from the strands! But it is no problem for me at all, I like anyway only the choker length! I only have the photos from her website, but I am going to post photos, as soon as I get them.
One strand is oval peach FW pearls, and the pearls are 12mm x 10.6mm down to 9.7mm x 9.2mm at clasp. I like the luster!! The pearls are AAA grade!
The other strand is a mirror metallic pale golden apricot strand with pearls 9.1 to 7.9 mm. I wanted so much a strand with metallic luster, but on PP I did not found, what I was looking for! It seems, they are sold out! This strand seems to me more pink, not really apricot, therefore I decided to buy it.
Catherine told me, the shipment is going to arrive at about in 2 weeks, so I only have to wait now!!:D
So what do you think?

Attachments

• 388.jpg
    388.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 1838.jpg
    1838.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 23
Katalin -- How exciting! Coincidentally, I am also awaiting my first purchases from CC. I bought two necklace/earring sets. She also had to remove some pearls to make matching earrings for a strand without earrings.

I look forward to seeing your beautiful necklaces on you!

very excited for you! that metallic apricot strand is a favorite of mine. I can't wait to see it-please post a lot of pictures!

Congratulations on a lovely purchase! I'm really looking forward to your pictures of these beauties!

Unfortunately I still did not get the pearls from Catherine! I wrote her an E-Mail, and asked her to inquire at the Australian Post, where the package is. I hope, I get some Information tomorrow! I am so excited! It is already 3 weeks ago, that she sent the pearls!

katalin, I am your-waiting-for-pearls sister! I've had very bad luck. They have stalled at a sort facility 3 miles from my house. They have been there for TWO WEEKS! USPS can't do a thing. Catherine started an investigation from Australia a couple of days ago but there has been no movement at all. Talk about "so close, yet so far"! I bought the two necklace/earrings sets about a month ago...I'm dying to meet them!

Dear BAS, I am so angry. According to the Information, what Catherine got from the Australian Post, the parcel is since 26.06.2013 in Austria!! I've just called the Austrian Post, and I was told, that it is already too much time passed, and they can not tell, where the parcel is!! The Sender should start an Investigation! I mean it is just crazy and stupid! If it is here in Austria - and this place is also about 10 km away from me - why don't they inform me!?! Why should the Sender start an Investigation from Australia!? I think, it is not going to help!! I am really angry! I hate Austrian Post, and I am going to write to Catherine, that my Suggestion is, to send all the parcels to possible Austrian customers only by DHL. I get all the packages from them! It costs more, but I can save my time, and also a lot of stress!

I had a parcel from China go missing and went to the Post Office over and over. After almost three months, they found it in a safe inside the post office. It had been in the safe, forgotten for several weeks. Weird stuff happens.

Don't lose hope, keep batting at it, as Gem geek says, weird stuff happens. I've had many an interesting saga with the post office over the years and you'd be surprised where things turn up, months later. They do like to blame each other though which is very annoying.

Katalin -- it is indeed very annoying and frustrating since there is NOTHING I can do. The sorting center (3 miles from my house) has my package in their warehouse, I guess, and there is no phone number I can call or address. They are supposed to deliver it to my local post office who is supposed to deliver it to me. When I call USPS they tell me to call my local post office. When I call my local post office they tell me to call USPS and around and around I go. They say the only way to investigate is for the sender in the country of origin to start an inquiry, which she did.

I had a piece of luggage disappear in the airport in Rome a few years ago. It got delivered to my home many months later, intact!

I think these pearls will eventually show up, I just hope they are not damaged.

I had a piece of mail delivered recently that was sent 18 years ago. No joke. When I read the congratulations on the birth of my son I thought the sender had absolutely lost her mind. Then I looked at the date...

Stay hopeful and patient.

I have good news! Yesterday I had a postnote in my postbox, which said, that I have a package from Catherine Cardellini! It is the good news! The bad news is, that I am still on Cyprus on Holiday, and only arrive at home Wednesday evening! So I can go to the post office only on Thursday! But I am really happy to know, that it is there! :)

Well at least you know where they are now! I think the post offices all over the world are simply overwhelmed with packages what with all the internet ordering. It's become very inefficient sending things by mail. I sent a priority express post to the USA from Australia when my mum was sick...three days later I flew over to the states ... the package arrived 5 days after I did...

Your pearls are very pretty..I've bought things from CC and they were all lovely! She's great!

Your CC pearls are so beautiful! I too would love to have a metallic strand to add to my pearl collection. I am so happy to hear that they finally made their way to your postbox. Please post lots of pictures after you receive them :cool:

I've been waiting for this strand forever! I hope you get them today and post LOTS of pictures!

Unfortunately, mine haven't arrived so Catherine says we should treat them as lost (it's been about a month and a half I think). She's offered a refund, but I am going to use what I paid towards another purchase. She can't make repeats of the two necklace/earring sets i bought because she doesn't have those pearls anymore.

I think they'll show up at some point. She's NEVER lost a package before.

I look forward to seeing pictures of your pearls!!! That's exciting!

Unfortunately, mine haven't arrived so Catherine says we should treat them as lost (it's been about a month and a half I think). She's offered a refund, but I am going to use what I paid towards another purchase. She can't make repeats of the two necklace/earring sets i bought because she doesn't have those pearls anymore.

I think they'll show up at some point. She's NEVER lost a package before.

I look forward to seeing pictures of your pearls!!! That's exciting!

In the meantime, you will have beautiful new pearls to wear until your lost ones show up. I can't wait to see what you end up choosing!

Back