uhm... ?

Interesting - the first two look like bead nuked second grafts( the second one looks like two fused stick pearl nukes and a lump of something) and I have lots of similar to the rosebuds for roughly $15 or so (depends on the exchange rate (in fact without boasting I think mine are nicer..)

Hmm - price aside, it looks as though someone has been possessed by the spirit of Care Ehret. I understand that imitation is a form of flattery and all that, but - wow.

And Wendy, I can tell just from the photos that yours are definitely nicer (although I am personally biased against those flat spots - they may not bother other folks as much)

At least in the last one, there is a tiny mention of cultured freshwater at the end... Other than that, what a bunch of blatant lies! Especially the second one, where you can cleary see that it was nucleated. Hmmm... That's eBay for you.

Hi Boo
I wish I could get them rounder and no flats (and bigger of course..always bigger!) I think it is time to try again

Oh, Wendy - I meant that the rosebuds offered above were overwhelmingly flat compared to yours, and that the flat spots might not bug other folks like they do me. I would happily use rosebuds like the ones you offer - they look quite similar to the strand I have - a few flatter areas, but nothing like they were made of butter and put on a hot surface...

"Butter put on a hot surface"......
Gosh, Boo, what a great description.....
Love it......:)

It would be a challenge to write the word 'natural' or its derivatives any more often on one page! Also noticed the emulation of Ehret, down to the alternate spelling for keishi/keshi.

Also liked:

Let the meditation begin.

Speaking of Druzy, those rosebuds don't look as nice as ones that Care once sent me as a free gift with a purchase...

I periodically check ebay for pearls...

I wondered if the Pearl Police could be bothered with this kind of seller, but then thought why should anyone get away with it, it only serves to downgrade pearls in the eyes of the general uneducated public.
#250554725511 9-10MM White Round Freshwater PEARLS Loose Beads 15"
from piulochong ( 32171)
I contacted them to ask " I like the look of these pearls, but many of them do not look round. They look more potato shape in your picture. So, if the shape is incorrectly described, what is the actual size of the pearls? What percentage of each strand is exactly 9-10mm, and how many pearls in each strand are less than 9mm? Your location is listed as Australia, but your factory is in China, so where are the pearls sent from, and how long does delivery usually take? In case of returns, where should the item be posted to?"
This is their response, perhaps their English is not so good, & a generous spirited person may allow a certain leeway...

"Hi,
We got the perfect round pearl, if you want I can offer you the best price for just $100USD per strand, which in retail will cost you around 150-200USD per strand.
And as those pearls were not man-made, I cannot guess the size percentage for each pearl.
Although we have store in Australia,UK and Hong Kong, mostly we will ship items from our factory in Hong Kong directly which will make our stock handling much more efficiently.
And it will take around 7-14 working days to deliver. And we will provide you the H.K. return address if not satisfy."

Why on earth would I send them $100USD if they cant be bothered to measure their cheaper strands for me?
Shall I reply & ask them to change their description? Shall I suggest that the Pearl Police will be on to them?

Hi Purlgurl
You are the pearl police and you should have your say and let them know you will post about your experience here. Give them the url of this thread. It doesn't sound quite bad enough to alert eBay.

Keep in mind, none of these sellers has round pearls. They are off- round to eggy and smaller on average than the size you think you ordered. (This is legally defined. a 9mm strand can be mostly in the mid 8mm with only 3-5 the actual size. (I am not sure the of the exact rules, but that is in range)

The really round rounds are snatched up by the round pearl buyers. The rounds ones never make it to the commercial (necklace) pearl dealers unless they are lackluster or chalky or something.

Last edited:
Back