The color-shifting freshwaters have arrived!

Thanks for the link!

Very interesting reading, cool moving icons and such, and trying to figure out who's who, I mean also a poster at PearlGuide, was fun!

No substitute for PG (educational edge here), natch, but fun to see the introduction of new people, and know many will join - or have already shown up here. After the advert/word of mouth, might see a stampede for the next Ruckus!

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to get a strand of the lavender-copper color-shifters. I am not good at taking pearl photos under the best of circumstances and unfortunately I am down to my cellphone camera but here are what I could manage:
9mKX1.jpg

Paired with a peach metallic strand. I had to make a short extender to get them to lay nicely together but I am a fan of "similar but different" pairings.

KCWjK.jpg

Another shot of the two strands

CRIR2.jpg

The copper-lavender strand on its own

Ooh, very striking, Boo! They are so dramatic-- love them on you! Thank you for posting! :)

What kind of cell ph is that? because wow! to the pictures!

Wow Boo, You just convinced me to get an iPhone! Oh yes, the pearls are wonderful on you :)
Hope the recovery is going well. (the new pearls should help!)

Ooooooo, Aaaaaaaah, yum yum: especially those lavenders. Your iphone pics are showing them quite well - now we're all wanting to go out and buy iphones so we can take great pearl pics. I, too need a new phone, (among other things) but somehow, pearls keep popping to the top of the shopping list! Anyway, I understand the lavenders are long since gone, and those are the ones that activate my pearl-lust. Thanks so much for posting pics for all to enjoy.

I finally updated my albums (deleting some and adding others), and one of the photos is this one that shows the excellent matching job done by PP when I ordered threader earrings to match the gold-pink-peach strand I had bought several months earlier.

Considering they didn't have my strand in front of them I'd say they did a great job!

Attachments

• color shifting threaders.jpg
    color shifting threaders.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I was lucky enough to get a strand of the lavender-copper color-shifters. I am not good at taking pearl photos under the best of circumstances and unfortunately I am down to my cellphone camera but here are what I could manage:
9mKX1.jpg

Paired with a peach metallic strand. I had to make a short extender to get them to lay nicely together but I am a fan of "similar but different" pairings.

KCWjK.jpg

Another shot of the two strands

CRIR2.jpg

The copper-lavender strand on its own

That strand was worth the trip! See you next year!

*completely overcome with copper/lavender lust*

I love seeing other people's photos of those strands. I don't know if we'll ever do them again, so I am really happy they went to people that can genuinely appreciate them for what they are.

Caitlin, Your strands are truly beautiful. Anyone who is lucky enough to own these beautiful pearls is very fortunate.

Back