The color-shifting freshwaters have arrived!

Pearl Dreams

Pearl Enthusiast
The color shifting pearls have arrived! The day is overcast-- perfect for bringing out the subtle color variations. In fact, I think this will be my go-to strand for overcast days (of which Connecticut has plenty!)

The strand I bought was a solid-color gold-peach-pink one. There is one rather greenish pearl at the front; the others are all peach and pink. Some are a little less shiny than others, but this actually allows the colors to show better. The shapes are lovely! This strand is the topmost one in the PP photo that shows all the gold-pink-peach strands together-- that photo shows the colors better than mine do. For as long as the PP photo is up on the site, you can see it at: http://www.pearlparadise.com/Exotic...earl-Necklace-in-GoldPeachPink-Color3989.aspx (and click to see alternate views.)

[Edit: The PP photo of all six of the Gold-Pink-Peach strands is no longer visible on PP website but I added it at the end of this post, so readers can see the official photos in the special lighting PP uses. In person the color variations are not as easy to see; really it depends on what the light is like.]

Now for photos! We all know how hard it is to capture pearls' color and luster, and I really did try-- but the slight color variations that are visible in diffuse light eluded my camera. Nevertheless these will give you an idea of their size and shape, and how they look on a neck.

Photos were taken in natural light, next to an open door. I tried other locations but this worked best.

I also tried joining the new strand end-to-end with my 8.5-9.5 mm oval multicolor exotics from the February 2008 private offer; they can also be worn linked to form one long strand.
I like this effect.

Please join me and post your photos when your strands arrive-- the more the merrier! :)

Attachments

• PP photo colorshifting gold pink peach all six strands.jpg
    PP photo colorshifting gold pink peach all six strands.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 45
  • color shifting strand indoors, medium.jpg
    color shifting strand indoors, medium.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 51
  • color shifting strand end to end with oval exotics.jpg
    color shifting strand end to end with oval exotics.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Hi Pearl Dreams,

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I can spot that greenish pearl before reading your post ;). Your strands are lovely. That was a VERY wise choice to choose the same clasp to link them. They nest so well together. Thumbs up, Pearl Dreams.

Here is mine with pinkish green overtone. I love this strand.

I hope others will join us to post pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_5385sm2.jpg
    IMG_5385sm2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 47
Thanks, ladies! :)

I can definitely see the green on a number of your pearls, Hanaleimom. Was it a "silver-pink" strand?

My husband said he likes my other strands more (my multicolor ones from 2008) but as I said to him, I needed a strand that was basically one color and that will go with everything. This new strand, being close to my skin tone, doesn't "pop" against my skin as much as it does against a white background, but it is very harmonious, and despite its interesting and subtle color effects in diffuse light conditions, it is somehow understated and elegant.

I do hope others will post their photos.

I can definitely see the green on a number of your pearls, Hanaleimom. Was it a "silver-pink" strand?

My husband said he likes my other strands more (my multicolor ones from 2008) but as I said to him, I needed a strand that was basically one color and that will go with everything. This new strand, being close to my skin tone, doesn't "pop" against my skin as much as it does against a white background, but it is very harmonious, and despite its interesting and subtle color effects in diffuse light conditions, it is somehow understated and elegant.

I do hope others will post their photos.

No, not silver-pink. I picked mine up at the Pearl-guide Ruckus in July. I am with you. I specifically want a strand of one color: green overtone. It is understated elegance to me. I remember correctly, there were only a couple strands with uniform green color. I am soo....soooo happy.

I read the thread about the Ruckus; it sounded like fun! Maybe I'll be able to attend someday after our daughter is grown-- that and Tuscon. My husband would love to take a trip to Tuscon for the shows.

The lighting is more favorable today. It's a sunny day but this was taken indoors on my desk next to my computer, natural light, ISO 1600-- no photoshopping.

This is pretty much how the strand looks to my eye except that the pearls in the back are more colorful than they appear in the photo. I'm seeing more greenish overtones in today's light.

Attachments

• color shifting strand on desk.jpg
    color shifting strand on desk.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Those look totally delicioso. I love that green one n the foreground (last photo). And they look great on you, too.

Thanks, Narcissa!

Of course there is much more color contrast in the multicolored strands, but I already had enough of that type of necklace and wanted one that was more uniform.
Even so, they are not completely uniform, and that is their charm. That is what I wanted to capture in the photos, in case anyone is on the fence about getting a solid color strand.

I had my mother over last night for supper-- she noticed the strand right away and commented on it.

Does anyone have a silver-pink color-shifting necklace to post?

Hi Pearl Dreams,

Thank you for sharing your photos! Your pearls seem to look great no matter the light! Great Choice! They look fabulous on you and are simply gorgeous! I love how you put them with the 2008 P.O. and have made them very versatile!

Cheers

Ash

Thank you, Lisa and Ash!

I find I am wearing them a lot by themselves-- they seem to go with everything, even more than my multicolor strands did. I love the way they look against my skin -- they are warmer in color than the neck shot makes them appear.

I noticed a thread on Pricescope about the color shifting pearls with some photos; someone posted that they had bought a silver-pink strand and said they would post a photo when they arrived.

Hi, Pearl Dreams, gorgeous pearls on you; could you PM me with the detailed pricescope search information? I can't seem to get anywhere on that site, lots of diamond and colored gem info easily found, but pearls???

Back