Tahitian pearl shopping in Hawaii

Cathy, what a great pearly treat! And I love that farmer's market. We make a pot of ratatouille every time we go. ;)

I so need to get back to the Islands!

Cathy, those photos are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing! And I miss the fresh markets and veggies on Maui...

hanaleimom, thanks for all the lovely pictures! I had so much fun widow shopping with you...all those lovely pearls, it would be so hard to choose! I love the pendants you had made, glad to see they will work with Silver. I have a lot of white gold and silver jewelry. I'd love to get a ring with a huge pearl in Silver. Also, those fruits look yummy! What is the large green fruit on the left? Never seen one of those before. Even those red peppers look delicious! Thanks for the pictures.

Cathy,

Thanks for the feast for the eyes! All wonderful! Love the pendants you chose, and the contrasting pearls. The more casual looks are interesting. I have a little mop flip-flop (slipper) pendant made by Honora Pearls. That strand of SS keshi is amazing! They look really large, too!

This weekend I will shop at the local farmers market for the first time this summer--lots of fruits, veggies and flowers, mushrooms, fresh honey and more--such a pleasant experience!

Hi Misucats,
The green fruit on the left is soursop http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soursop.
It is great eaten as is and also makes great smoothie.

I think the silver setting will be easy to clean around the pearls even when it tarnishes because of the design.

Pattye,
It is nice eating fruits and vegetables that are freshly picked. They taste so much better, sweeter, etc. than eating the ones that have been transported long distance to where I live. The seafood is amazing. I am eating so much poke here (large cubes of raw fish prepared with various ingredients such as soy sauce, seaweed, etc.)

Last edited:
Oooh, lovely. Thank you for sharing these! I adore the silver settings ? they make the pearls look like supernatural fruit from a mythological tale.

Aloha from Hawaii,

By the way some of the pictures that you took of the necklaces are from our "Constellation" collection.
Hannaleimom I would love for you to share your experience at the store on our facebook page. You have so many great pictures.

Mele Kalikimaka or Merry Christmas from Tahiti Pearl Market-Hawaii

IMG_3300.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the lovely picture and welcome to our forum, Merry Christmas to you all!

I have been really good at not purchasing pearls as much lately. But wild onion did it. She bought some pearls from Mark Kane in Honolulu https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5319 .

We met up with Mark Kaneshiro today ( Mark Kane Designs). Kane is short for Kaneshiro. He is such a friendly person. He has extremely nice hand picked pearls. He does the Made in Hawaii (Islandwide Food and Craft Expos) shows twice a year and is at some Saturday shows (Waikiki Artfest in Kapiolani Park) near the zoo in Honolulu. His creations are at some retailers on Big Island, Maui, and Jewel of Paradise in Hanalei, San Francisco, etc.. Prices are better if you buy directly from him near the zoo on Saturdays. He does not show up each Saturday though. He hand-picked each pearl himself and casted his gold settings. I really did not anticipate to purchase much but the pearl bug kicked in along with my husband's encouragement and help picking out some really great pieces. Mark's designs are simple which showcase the pearls. We could not resist the pistachio eventhough it was set in more diamonds than I normally go for. IRL the pearls are extremely amazing. Hard to capture all the colors eventhough the luster is picked up in the pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Here is a bonus sunset picture from Princeville, Kauai last week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 30
Thank you Pattye. Also a big thank to wild onion for giving me his email address.

Thanks for sharing your pearl adventure. Wow - I agree about the pistachio pearl - the color is mesmerizing. And it's great that you both enjoyed the selecting process. :)

Ah Cathy, looks like another "successful" trip :) Thank you for taking us along again!

Great findings too! Does he sell the findings separately? (Probably too expensive in shipping for me to consider but maybe some others interested)

Each one is unique and beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing these pictures with us! Wear your new pendants in good health! How about some neck shots when you get a chance?

Those pearls and settings are just lovely; the pistachio really shows off the color so well! Thanks for sharing, and for the sunset :)

Cathy the colors of your new pearls are beautiful and the setting are very nice. Enjoy wearing all of your new beauties.

Great findings too! Does he sell the findings separately? (Probably too expensive in shipping for me to consider but maybe some others interested)[/

Per my conversation with Mark:

"At this time I do not sell mountings.
But maybe in the future I will have certain stlyes that I may have available for purchase."

Thank you.

Back