ssp project

gssp newbie

Community member
20140307_150317.jpg
ok.. so i was very lucky to be able to drop by the hk fair.. and this is my latest loot.. i will try to find some time to take a pic of them side by side with those i got the other day.

some info: 15mm silvery tahitian, 13mm white, 15mm gold

each would have some flaws but once set i think the flaws can be concealed.. the gold one is the priciest of all.. after buying it i had to leave the fair to avoid spending more. haha! it came from a really nice indonesian chinese family that owns the pearl farm.. hope i will be able to get nicer ones from them in the future!

next thing to do is to plan how they will be set.. this will be a pretty long project! though the ones for my mom and mil will have to come first.

any suggestions from the PG family?

You already own some bonggang-bonga ("outstanding" in my native tongue) pieces for special occasions. How about jewelry for running errands in Hong Kong?

As the ladies suggested to me before, a pendant. Or better yet...an enhancer? :rolleyes:

Looks like you grabbed some great pearls, looking forward to following the progress with these - take lots of pics!

ebony and abalone ring, 9ct yellow gold.

thanks guys! i had to google what an enhancer is.. while i do not have much strands, i think having an enhancer is a really versatile and is such a great idea!

thinking for the 15mm to be set as ring.. one of the 13mm will be pendant. the 2 9mm.. still undecided. the rest... not mine but need to plan the design soon as mil is already arriving tom!

strand could be my project for next year... i saw a really nice white ssp strand at the fair.. but its not in my budget for this year thus i had to decline.. (punching myself now).

btw heres a pic of all the pearls together.. it was taken at night thus the lighting wasnt too good and i was just using my phone..

You have done very well. :)

An enhancer is very versatile. Great as a pendant or on a strand of beads.

Amazing buy, congrats! I have gotten a strand of ssp from the fair also, and I think I wanna take a few off and make them into other things. One question: where can I get them set or make into engenders?

Also wondering.. The strand I got seem so nice and almost perfect. Is it possible that the fair sells fake ones..??

i wont be able to comment on ur second question as i am not an expert but if you live in hk, i know a few places to have things customized..

it took some time... but finally, heres the gssp i got from the fair! had it set as a pendant instead..

taking my time with the rest! i think i am now decided what to do w my tahitian...:)

will share more once ive had the others set!:)

You're killing me. There, I've said it.

Enjoy this spectacular pendant! Neck shot, please?

Stunning, enjoy this beauty. I look forward to see how you set the rest.

A very special setting for a special gssp! :) It really showcased the beauty of your gssp! Congratulations on your new pendant!!! Love love the setting! Can't help but drool!!!! Lol!

I personally would have the 15mm pearls as pendants, and the 13mm as a ring, as I believe 15mm would be too big as a ring on my small hand even with chunky fingers.

Good find though, well done!

DK :)

thank you all for liking my pendant! i am loving it too!

as requested, heres a neckshot.. the chain doesnt match too well... but im sure i can find something that matches better.:)

Back