Show us your Tahitians

Wendy Oh my! I am smitten with that blue Tahitian!!! What a find!

Elenayak Beauitful strand with lovely colors and luster! Enjoy!

This is my 16.5" strand of 9 -11.5 mm blue-green Tahitians from PP. I choose the 2nd pair of 10-11mm Tahitians from the bottom and had them set as dangles with the PP Classic Setting. These pearls are even prettier IRL!

PP glamor shots:
blue tahitians pearls.jpg

tahitian strand.jpg

And my photos:
2b44a543-3319-420e-8b3e-1e40c2b11c75_zpsce296639.jpg

8e1c226a-4853-42b3-83be-640964984496_zps5701ce9d.jpg

Last edited:
LitGeek, that is a wonderful color on you!

Wendy, Totally worth your effort!!! It reminds me of the blue lights my mom used to hang on the house in December. What special memories this has raised. Thank you.

As of today i am a very happy member of the exclusive "Kamoka Club".
DSC_0153.jpg

You may remember this ring. I bought in auction few year ago: 15 gr. 22 kt. for a very good price. But from the start I knew that the mabe must go.
julie aug 12 Pondslimes from Sarah with rubies, rose quartz and vermeil toggle from Nina Design

I asked Josh to find me a 12.5 mm pearl that would fit the ring. I was looking for a pearl three quarters perfect with some blemish that would be hidden by the setting. He found me this pearl: 1081655_496860337067337_324638889_n.jpg

Josh also cut and drilled for me. Just look at the amazing thickness of the nacre, it is far more than the 0.8 mm. required by the Tahitian government.
Natural blue akoya from Pearl Paradise size 7.5-8 mm

Thank you Josh!

As of today i am a very happy member of the exclusive "Kamoka Club".
View attachment 25433

You may remember this ring. I bought in auction few year ago: 15 gr. 22 kt. for a very good price. But from the start I knew that the mabe must go.
View attachment 25434 View attachment 25435

I asked Josh to find me a 12.5 mm pearl that would fit the ring. I was looking for a pearl three quarters perfect with some blemish that would be hidden by the setting. He found me this pearl: View attachment 25436

Josh also cut and drilled for me. Just look at the amazing thickness of the nacre, it is far more than the 0.8 mm. required by the Tahitian government.
View attachment 25437

Thank you Josh!

Nora, oh my, swoon. Your ring is an absolute work of art, from the gorgeously unique setting to the world class pearl you chose for the center. Magnificent!

Thanks Josh! (again:))

Thank you Sarah, I must confess. I loved every moment of this "project".

That is a gorgeous piece, Nora! You have a good eye. Thank you, too, for posting the cross section - picture worth 1000 words regarding culturing. Do enjoy!

That is a gorgeous piece, Nora! You have a good eye. Thank you, too, for posting the cross section - picture worth 1000 words regarding culturing. Do enjoy!
Thank you and yes. The truncated pearl says it all.

Thank you Karin!

Luscious perfection! Congratulations on your collaboration, Nora and Josh!!!

I'm afraid you've given us an excellent reason to buy even rings that are not so great - just so we can redo them later. And earrings... And clasps... Sigh, I'm still waiting for the finances to come together so I can mount the two lime coloured Tahitians I got from Tuscon. And the perfect-for-a-ring Kasumi pearl from the tiara stash...

- Karin

Cathy,

May I enlist your help when I visit PP as part of my trip to LA in 2016, pretty please???

DK :D

I can't find a pic of PP's photo of my baroque Tahitian strand bought during the 2008 Tahitian sale frenzy (I have fond memories of PGers posting the ones they managed to bag the moment they had bought them etc.), however, here are some pics of mine, and I had re-strung it with a different clasp (apology for the bad lighting in advance):

attachment.php

attachment.php

DK :)

Nora, What a perfect solution and your ring turned out fabulously! The Kamoka pearl against that amazing gold, the size, all just brilliant! Now I'm the one with ring envy!

Pattye dear, don't! I believe that everything has it's time and the "ring envy" is a private joke between GG and me :)

Back