Show us your Tahitians

Hi LitGeek,

They're mostly 9 mm. They're off round but I put the most obvious off-rounds in the bracelet so the necklace looks round when I wear it. I love high carat gold so I used the high carat gold look with some 22K beads and bits and pieces at the back of the necklace (as I said, I need to take new shots). I interspaced the pearls with rubies in the bracelet. The bracelet, btw. got upgraded last summer as I replaced the two Kamoka's I had used for earrings with two humongous ones from John Wu/Tu (sorry, can never remember) and put the two Kamokas in the bracelet and removed two gilded gem links. Maybe one day I have only pearls in the bracelet but for now I kinda like the less formal look :) - lucky for me...

Right before I got the Kamoka pearls I had bought 32'' of less expensive Tahitians. And while they are colourful what struck me was how the cheaper ones seemed to have one coat of 'paint' while the Kamoka's have a depth to their colour that is impossible to show. It really taught me the importance of nacre thickness.

- Karin

Thank you so much for the info Karin! Looking forward to the closeup pics of your beautiful necklace.

It s browser plug in that warns you when you go to dangerous sites. It should not be giving good sites a bad rating, yet it often does. I want to be warned if a page will install malware, but this is ridiculous!!!!

Okay, this is the best I can do at present - my Kamoka pearls in their current incarnation :) On white paper...

attachment.php

- Karin

I couldn't resist correcting the color of the background. Wondrous pearls!

tahitians2.jpg

Much better! Thank you, GemGeek. I must have been too tired last night...

- Karin

they are, and i so love the details - the ruby is perfect, and the little peace sign dangle with a crystal as well as the tiny purple (amethyst?) bead. and of course the gold is amazing with those pearls. just amazing!

Juliebeth, it's another small, faceted ruby dangling along with the peace sign and a smaller faceted morganite. On the bracelet it's all 14K solid gold. The clasp of the necklace is still vermeil.The diomond link is silver, the textured beads are wax with 22K gold and the amethyst link is also vermeil. So there's still room for upgrades :) But even though the design is in part to have anough pearls for both a necklace and a bracelet, I do like the whimsical design of the bracelet and the way the necklace looks different when I wear my hair up.

- Karin

Here are two shots of the 50 inch Baroque strand I have ordered. I'll post pictures "in real life" when they arrive. I had asked for pearls on the lighter side. They're my first baroques, and my first Tahitians. Killing two birds...

Attachments

• 50 inch Baroque Tahitian strand.jpg
    50 inch Baroque Tahitian strand.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 35
  • another shot of 50 inch baroque Tahitian strand.jpg
    another shot of 50 inch baroque Tahitian strand.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 35
That sale is KILLING ME! You are so lucky!!!! I can't wait to see them. My first baroques were Tahitians from PP. I just got them last week and I'm in awe of them. I can't wait to see your strand-mine is a measly 18 inches! Yours is going to be a knockout!

Wow! I'm glad that you got them and can't wait to see a "body" shot. :cool:

"Body shot"! Tee hee. You've coined a new pearl phrase, at least that's the first time I've heard it!

Back