Show us your PP 12th day of Christmas Sale purchases!

Oh those are so fun. I love the bicolors! Thanks for the extra pictures. Tahitians really are so special.

Moneymeister lovely multi color strand!!
It reminds me of a strand I bought about a month ago on a website that sells everything from jewelry to housewares - and was listed as south sea pearls - clearly they're Tahitians, but I took a chance anyway. It plays nicely with my blue green PP Tahitian. At under 300$ per strand, Jeremy thought they were a steal for such colorful pearls... so I bought another strand!! Here it's shown with my blue/green PP strand, 3 Kamoka figs and fastened as a rope! All in various light..,

Attachments

• IMG_4242.jpg
    IMG_4242.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4243.jpg
    IMG_4243.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4305.jpg
    IMG_4305.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4319.jpg
    IMG_4319.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5687.jpg
    IMG_5687.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5714.jpg
    IMG_5714.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5701.jpg
    IMG_5701.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 25
Ladies, just a short question, please help me!! Which one would you choose, left or right? Both are baroque akoya, left is 9-9.5, right is 9.5-10.
IMG_3983.jpg
Do I see right, that the left one has more luster?

MM- your tahitians are beautiful. Soooo colorful! Really nice find, and your picture are truly even better than from PP.

Lmgarden- I'm sure, I'm not the only one here, wo would like to have the link to this website, where you bought your Tahitians! :)

I like the left one more (even through I ordered the bigger ones :D). Nice to see they sent you an extra photo - I've also asked for one but was kindly explained that they don't really have time for it now as the stock moves so fast etc. Glad to see the bigger ones are not creamy at least)) thanks for sharing)

moneymeister, really cool tahitians, congratulations!!

lmgarden...love your pearls! I think I might have been shopping on that same site, and almost pulled the trigger but I thought the price to be too good to be true. Yours are lovely! And I love Tahitians and denim, btw.

Katalin, it might just be my monitor, but the strand on the left seems a tad out of order in terms of matching...the right strand more uniform. I'd go for the right.

Ladies, just a short question, please help me!! Which one would you choose, left or right? Both are baroque akoya, left is 9-9.5, right is 9.5-10.
View attachment 47065

In this case I would go for the larger pearls. 10mm Akoys are rare. The luster is very, very close.but both ate great. Go for the bigger size ;)

View attachment 47065

Katalin judging from you pic, the smaller strand does seem to have a slightly sharper luster, but I agree with Newberry. I think you might be happier with the larger strand - you know how pss takes hold of us all!

I'm not sure PG rules allow me to name the site from where I bought the multi strands...I'm happy to do so, if anybody knows. BUT, I bought the last strand; although they still have bracelets available.

Pls post pics. How did you find the luster, roundness n color (more creamy or quite white?). I think the strand length wasn't indicated? I asked and was told 17 inches.

Update: Hey you are right that the strand length was indicated as 18 inches. I'm going to write in and ask why it's shorter than indicated...

I would also be interested in knowing what's up with the discrepancy- let us know what they say!

Pics as promised. I really love them they are just sooooooooooo short!
Pictured with the world's pinkest akoyas for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_1513.JPG
    IMG_1513.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1515.JPG
    IMG_1515.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1516.JPG
    IMG_1516.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1511.JPG
    IMG_1511.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 25
lmgarden...love your pearls! I think I might have been shopping on that same site, and almost pulled the trigger but I thought the price to be too good to be true. Yours are lovely! And I love Tahitians and denim, btw.

Katalin, it might just be my monitor, but the strand on the left seems a tad out of order in terms of matching...the right strand more uniform. I'd go for the right.

Thank you, JP!! Yes, I'm sure we were on the same site from where the multi strands came from! I was cautious to purchase, but knew I could return them. The brand name of the strand usually doesn't sell Tahitians - Jeremy thought perhaps they had purchased a large lot from somewhere, and eventually sold the remainders to the popular website.

Thank you, JP!! Yes, I'm sure we were on the same site from where the multi strands came from! I was cautious to purchase, but knew I could return them. The brand name of the strand usually doesn't sell Tahitians - Jeremy thought perhaps they had purchased a large lot from somewhere, and eventually sold the remainders to the popular website.

OK I can't take the suspense..someone please pm me the website lol I have to go look.

MONEY - Those Tahitians are gorgeous and I agree with Icy .. your photos look much better. You'd never recognise them as the same pearls.

Leuko- beautiful strand ! really really lovely !

lmgarden, by all means post where you got your strands. :)

Ruelala.com !!! The strand is Honora, and as I say, it was listed as a south sea strand! Most of the pearls you wouldn't want to buy - they don't list size or grade. Mostly you buy on blind faith, but these were so inexpensive and they have a great return policy...plus I live in California and they don't charge me sales tax! They sell jewelry to furniture, and many different brands of pearls, but best to frequent the site because all sales change daily. They may have some bracelets left. Good luck!!

One last pic - I can't seem to capture all the overtones, but it sure is colorful...

Attachments

• IMG_5335.jpg
    IMG_5335.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 33
Ladies, this is the best community I have ever found on www! You are all so nice!
lmgarden - thank you for the link!

Regarding the 2 strand thank you for your advices! I give myself one hour to decide. At first I was for the smaller one, but I might change my mind!

My first strand was from Overstock about a year ago. The knotting was...well, picture attached. The quality was a little less than I had hoped for. They got me through for a while. I restrung them on Beader's Secret "Storm" a couple of days ago and like them much better now (plus it was fun!). Still need to restring....I have a glaring mistake. Now, with a lighter thread I don't mind them as much. I plan on buying a half hank of nicer baroque Tahitians and re-do this at some point to wear doubled up with the newer PP strand.

osknotting.jpg
20161223_140648sm (002).jpg

Ladies, this is the best community I have ever found on www! You are all so nice!
lmgarden - thank you for the link!

Regarding the 2 strand thank you for your advices! I give myself one hour to decide. At first I was for the smaller one, but I might change my mind![/QUOTE

Katalin, you're most welcome! They've got lots of non pearl related items, as well. You'll be hooked!

My first strand was from Overstock about a year ago. The knotting was...well, picture attached. The quality was a little less than I had hoped for. They got me through for a while. I restrung them on Beader's Secret "Storm" a couple of days ago and like them much better now (plus it was fun!). Still need to restring....I have a glaring mistake. Now, with a lighter thread I don't mind them as much. I plan on buying a half hank of nicer baroque Tahitians and re-do this at some point to wear doubled up with the newer PP strand.

View attachment 47122
View attachment 47123

Moneymeister, I know how tempting it can be to buy from sites other than our trusted vendors.. ha! When I do that, I usually end up returning. I think you've got a great idea to add to and rework your overstock strand. I may do the same with my ruelala strand, and make a long harvest rope. Half the fun of loving pearls is creating new one of a kind pieces!!

Ha Lmgarden, yes...I will make lemonade out of these lemons, if I can :) Let this strand serve as a warning to anyone who may be tempted to pull the trigger on an "off" site. You may get lucky like Lmgarden (they are lovely) or...... O :)

Leukolenos, those strands are lovely. Beautiful.

Thanks MM! Pretty lucky on those tahitians- though WHOA on the knotting! I do love the idea of mixing in some nicer ones for a rope later.

Back